• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gettysburg Area Ride This Fall

hexkopf

American Mutt
All,

I was wanting to gauge interest in a ride around the Gettysburg Military Park, surrounding roads, and the Cashtown Inn: http://www.cashtowninn.com/ for lunch.

If anyone wants to plan something for this October when the leaves are changing and the air is crisp, let me know so we can plan a route, etc. I am in Southern York County PA.

Any and all input input welcome. :german

I would be interested if for no other reason than to check out your new and improved nose!:laugh

I visited the sacred ground of Gettysburg once before and would be interested in seeing more.

Pete

I just got back from there yesterday. We did about a 250 mile loop up from Annapolis through Gettysburg, the Micheaux Park, down through the Cocactins and home. Some nice roads not much traffic away from town.

I would be interested if for no other reason than to check out your new and improved nose!:laugh

I visited the sacred ground of Gettysburg once before and would be interested in seeing more.

Pete

You would come all the way from Vermont just to see my new nose? :heart

All,

I was wanting to gauge interest in a ride around the Gettysburg Military Park, surrounding roads, and the Cashtown Inn: http://www.cashtowninn.com/ for lunch.

If anyone wants to plan something for this October when the leaves are changing and the air is crisp, let me know so we can plan a route, etc. I am in Southern York County PA.

Any and all input input welcome. :german

Hexkopf,
I, too, reside in Southern York County (Jacobus). I'd definitely be interested in a October ride.

I could be interested in a ride, I'm in north Joisey.

Not meaning to hijack your thread but for everyone that's interested in Gettysburg I highly recommend you look for next year's MOA Weekend getaway. I went to the MOA Gettysburg weekend this spring and had a great time. We had a guided tour like no other from a fellow MOA member and the entire weekend was great. Made some new friends and everyone was very happy with the MOA's planning. It did sell out, so they said it'll be repeated next season, so book early when you see it posted.

BTW- how's the new schnozz healing?

Hexkopf,
I, too, reside in Southern York County (Jacobus). I'd definitely be interested in a October ride.

Cool, should be a good trip. I would like to do it during the week if that is cool with whoever is going to go. Also, I would like to hit the Union Cigar Club: http://www.unioncigarclub.com/index.html

Not sure who partakes in cigars, but the place has good coffee and a nice lounge if cigars are not on the menu for my fellow riders, or we could skip it all together.

VW, it would be cool if you could come in from NJ. I am from NY originally, but I won't hold it against you. :)

My nose is healing pretty well. Starting to feel human again, but been sleeping upright in a chair since friday. Going to try the bed tonight. Thanks for asking.

I will start coming up with a loose trip itinerary and pass it around so we can tweak it. Nothing too strict as I find complex plans with tight deadlines often take the fun out of just about anything. I am thinking 216 west through Hanover and then 116 to Gettysburg. Or we can do back roads. I'm open.

Now wine tasting would be much better!! Any idea what weekend in October?

Right now I am open for the entire month, and I was thinking of doing the ride one day during the week to avoid crowds and traffic etc. Could you do that?

Why can't it be both wine and cigars? :)

I do have days off during the week, but I think most people would have a problem with that. I could do the second or fourth weekends, but I'm working the other two weekends. Either way, I'd have to make it an overnight stay, coming from 215 miles away and all.

Why can't it be both wine and cigars? :)

I do have days off during the week, but I think most people would have a problem with that. I could do the second or fourth weekends, but I'm working the other two weekends. Either way, I'd have to make it an overnight stay, coming from 215 miles away and all.

Well I like both so not a problem for me. Maybe we can smoke out on the deck at the winery.

For me the problem is the wife and kids...the weekends belong to them. However, I could work a day in there, most likely Saturday. So maybe Saturday the 13th?

Well I like both so not a problem for me. Maybe we can smoke out on the deck at the winery.

For me the problem is the wife and kids...the weekends belong to them. However, I could work a day in there, most likely Saturday. So maybe Saturday the 13th?

Saturday, 10/13, does work for me, actually! So far...only issue would be for my son's soccer schedule, which I don't have yet. But I will pencil that in!!

Saturday, 10/13, does work for me, actually! So far...only issue would be for my son's soccer schedule, which I don't have yet. But I will pencil that in!!

Drat! I totally forgot about fall soccer. I am assistant coaching my son's team again this fall. This past spring all of our practices/games were on Sunday, so I think I will be good to go for Saturday the 13th.

So how about:

1. Breaficks before the ride.
2. Ride to Gettysburg/tour the battlefield.
3. Cashtown Inn for lunch.
4. Winery for tasting/cigars
5. Union Cigar Shop
6. Ride back.

Of course always flexible on the schedule. I believe in a NO DRAMA ZONE. :laugh

Interested

I would also be interested. Would prefer a weekend date, though. I'd be coming in from Pittsburgh, so would have to do an overnight.
I,too, went on this years MOA tour (though I did the optional Antietam tour). What a great event!
I'm up for a cigar, too!

I would also be interested. Would prefer a weekend date, though. I'd be coming in from Pittsburgh, so would have to do an overnight.
I,too, went on this years MOA tour (though I did the optional Antietam tour). What a great event!
I'm up for a cigar, too!

Cool. So then the weekend of the 13th?

Can people from NJ get in on this?
It's a 3 hour ride for me, when the details settle maybe a Friday and Saturday night hotel stay is in the cards.

I organize a tour with friends to Harpers Ferry, Antietam, and Gettysburg in June each year. Get only one day in Gettysburg though a weekend sounds good.

Thread bookmarked for updates...

Can people from NJ get in on this?
It's a 3 hour ride for me, when the details settle maybe a Friday and Saturday night hotel stay is in the cards.

I organize a tour with friends to Harpers Ferry, Antietam, and Gettysburg in June each year. Get only one day in Gettysburg though a weekend sounds good.

Thread bookmarked for updates...

Of course.

Back