• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gettysburg Area Ride This Fall

Gettysburg is my hometown and still live local. :wave

13 Oktober looks good for now. I hope I remember to check back....

This area was one of the first stops on our big Great Lakes loop last month. There's a nice collection of good roads in the area around the Cacoctin / Camp David area in Maryland not far from there. We camped at the Artillery Ridge Campground - a big RV park but with a nice secluded place in the very back for tents that had a pavilion with picnic tables and power. If you guys aren't familiar and ask I'd be happy to shoot you some GPS tracks for the area.

Wes

Sorry all I didn't update, been out of commission after some knee surgery, so I have been out of the saddle. Would love to do something still.

Since it's now more winter-like- I have 3" snow on the ground here- and if this ride doesn't get done until spring, keep in mind that the MOA will probably do the Gettysburg weekend getaway again in 2013. This year's sold out quickly and it was a great time. IIRC, it was around April 15.

Yes, I think the weather has turned and this might be something for the springtime. I'm looking at May, midweek before the crowds.

ClassicVW - I just looked at your sig line. I had a beautiful blue '78 Hawk when I was in College, what a great Motorcycle! I think it cost me something like $1380 right out of the showroom. I rode that thing everywhere and never had a bit of trouble, covered the East Coast up to Maine and down to Florida. It's funny to look back at a 400 and remember it as a full size travel bike, but it was, or at least I thought so!

Back