• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle Transport to AZ

sudani

Does anyone have knowledge of a reliable transport company or individual who ships motorcycles from Illinois to Arizona? I'm considering moving my bike in the Fall.

I'm looking into Haulbikes out of Milwaukee, if you have any comments.

Thank you.
:bikes

Last edited:
Does anyone have knowledge of a reliable transport company or individual who ships motorcycles from Illinois to Arizona? I'm considering moving my bike in the Fall.

I'm looking into Haulbikes out of Milwaukee, if you have any comments.

Thank you.
:bikes

Hate to be a negative guy but. Can't recommend any, but will recommend against Allied Van lines.

When the truck arrived with the one I bought from Florida, the driver said {I} should ride the lift gate up with him. He said hold the bike while I un strap it. Now back it out onto the lift gate and I'll lower you!....I said what the hell am I paying you for? He replied this is how we do it all the time. The lift-gate was wet and had snow on it, the motorcycle R1150R, & I barely fit on the gate, when he pushed the lever it free fell about 2 inches, me & motorcycle damn near went tumbling ...........NEVER again. I called and complained ,...might as well have talked to my cat. $500+ as I said NEVER again.

What bike? F650? Well, I wouldn't do it, but you could get someone to ride it out for you. Or better yet, ride it out yourself. Take 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 days and enjoy it.
People ride further for less reason, you know.
dc

I had bad Experience with a Uship shipper

This was my third bike I had used Uship for, but this guy who had over a hundred good reviews, well I have a check from the insurance company for $4905. to cover the damage he did shipping.

Haulbikes is a specialty shipper of bikes so I would not be too worried about using them.

I was looking to find a way to have a vehicle moved and found Keith Kodet from route55 transport who hauled a sidecar from Texas to Montana for me. He is located in Michigan and hauls all over the US. Currently he is returning to Michigan from Alaska where he has hauled some bikes from various areas of the US. He will be returning to bring them back later this month. His email is route55transport@gmail or phone 810 614 8038. Not sure which is the best way to get ahold of him while he is on this trip. His Alaska trip is part of a ride report in the adv site and there is some info in the vendors area of the same site.

Why not ride it and fly home?

Even if you only ride 500 miles per day, it's two nights in a motel and a one way ticket back.

Back