• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Richa gear

KevinRT

KevinRT
I attended the Sedalia rally (yeah, it was hot!) and wanted to find some new riding gear but came up empty ... until I found the Richa Spirit jacket and pants at 3:30 on Saturday afternoon. You can see them here:

http://www.richa.eu/products/textile-jackets/spirit/

As it was just too little time to spend that much money, I didn't purchase them as I wanted to do some research before shelling out my hard earned money. Has anyone out there have any of these two items, or any other Richa gear? It looks really good, great technology, seems well made, fit me like it was tailored for me (that's really rare for me) and they claim to be the world's second largest glove manufacturer. They let me wear it outside and stand in the sun for a while. I was hot wearing it, but no hotter than I would have been in Tshirt and shorts.

Any info would be most appreciated.

I didn't get any replies but went ahead and ordered these items. I have yet to receive them, but they arrived at a friend's place and he is drooling over them. Luckily, he is not my size.

I'll report back when I have some saddle time wearing them.

Richa Gear

I purchased the jacket at the MOA Rallly and it arrived a few days ago. I had them delay shipping because I was not going straight home after the Rally. We had some great riding through Arkansas and then up the Natchez Trace in MS and on through Georgia, SC and North Carolina.

I am impressed by the quality and fit of the jacket I held off buying the pants because I have several pairs of pants that I can match with the jacket.

I wanted a cold weather, waterproof, high viz jacket and the Richa Spirit jacket seemed to fit the bill. I realize it is a lot of money, but I believe the high tech qualities (C change, Nanaosphere) are worth the price. I can't wait for cooler weather to try it out!

Bill

I purchased the jacket at the MOA Rallly and it arrived a few days ago. I had them delay shipping because I was not going straight home after the Rally. We had some great riding through Arkansas and then up the Natchez Trace in MS and on through Georgia, SC and North Carolina.

I am impressed by the quality and fit of the jacket I held off buying the pants because I have several pairs of pants that I can match with the jacket.

I wanted a cold weather, waterproof, high viz jacket and the Richa Spirit jacket seemed to fit the bill. I realize it is a lot of money, but I believe the high tech qualities (C change, Nanaosphere) are worth the price. I can't wait for cooler weather to try it out!

Bill

I attended the Sedalia rally (yeah, it was hot!) and wanted to find some new riding gear but came up empty ... until I found the Richa Spirit jacket and pants at 3:30 on Saturday afternoon. You can see them here:

http://www.richa.eu/products/textile-jackets/spirit/

As it was just too little time to spend that much money, I didn't purchase them as I wanted to do some research before shelling out my hard earned money. Has anyone out there have any of these two items, or any other Richa gear? It looks really good, great technology, seems well made, fit me like it was tailored for me (that's really rare for me) and they claim to be the world's second largest glove manufacturer. They let me wear it outside and stand in the sun for a while. I was hot wearing it, but no hotter than I would have been in Tshirt and shorts.

Any info would be most appreciated.

I, too, found these folks towards the end of the rally and was extremely impressed with a totally different jacket - the ladies Silhouette by whom... I don't know. The vendor was Sierra Electronics or Vega Helmet - but I could be mixing up my collection of business cards. However, they were the ones with the Richa gear. I also wanted to try on the Spirit jacket which they didn't have a women's version with them (or a womens' version isn't made?). I didn't buy the Silhouette jacket at that time as I wanted to ask the BMW community here the same question - anyone have any experience with this gear that can provide info?

I have been trying to find a new jacket of the textile variety that is waterproof so that I can stop doing that putting-on-the-rainsuit dance on the side of the road when the weather gets wet. I cannot tell you HOW MANY jackets I've tried on. I am a middle-aged woman with the matronly (sp?) figure that goes along with the age and all of the jackets save one just plain don't fit. I am also petite in stature/proportions which makes things all the more challenging. By the time I get into something that fits going around, the sleeves are at least 4 inches past my hands and the shoulders are half-way down my upper arms. Frustration to the nth degree! The one jacket that has fit - has failed at highway speeds in that the back of the jacket flips up when all the vents are open. :banghead

Any input on the Silouette gear would be very helpful.

rapunzel

Last edited:
Back