• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can you patch a Michelin PR2? With This?

I haven't done a PR2, but I've done other MC tires with the patch/plug (I carry one on the bike just in case..) and when I wore the tire out, I tried to remove the plug-patch just to see if it was possible. It wasn't. It was welded to the rubber and no way it could let lose or leak. The only thing it won't do is fix holes in or near the sidewall of the tire.

Does it compromise speed rating, load etc?
Thanks

What they said, and yes, it might compromise the speed rating, so don't run it at 149 mph at full load rating for an extended period, keep it below 135 mph. :brow

IMO that is the best way to do a patch-on any tire. +1 on what Don said on the issue of sidewalls. I've had real good luck with the regular plugs as well. OM

what the others have said...and I have patched several PR2's and 3's with those style patches...rode them until they were done.

Where was this when I replaced a brand new (well, one week old) PR2 that caught a screw dead center?

Where was this when I replaced a brand new (well, one week old) PR2 that caught a screw dead center?

At the auto parts store.

I had some at least 10 years ago and I don't think the PR2 was out yet then. One of the nice things about this Forum. Now you know what to look for.

Back