• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 Rally Site?

2014 has not be released....and I doubt if there's been a final decision. You know, after all the talk about hot locations for the rally in past years, I decided to check the coolest weather in the continental U.S. today. Mt. Washington, New Hampshire! A brisk 46 degrees today...with wind gusts up to 42 miles an hour which brings the wind chill down to 36 degrees --or less!
There's a chance of flash floods tomorrow. I suppose we can scratch it off the
2014 list....

Mac

I decided to check the coolest weather in the continental U.S. today. Mt. Washington, New Hampshire! A brisk 46 degrees today...with wind gusts up to 42 miles an hour which brings the wind chill down to 36 degrees --or less!
There's a chance of flash floods tomorrow. I suppose we can scratch it off the
2014 list....

I can do without the wind, but a few days at 45 degrees suits me. Great area to ride in.

I can do without the wind, but a few days at 45 degrees suits me. Great area to ride in.

Yes it is. Mt. Washington, not so much. I've got a picture of my stepson on Mt. Washington after he rode to the top. He's holding on to the sign marking the highest winds ever recorded in the continential U-S. Then again, that's 6600 feet up....

Mac

That would be awesome, packing all the cold weather gear through the hundred degree temps to get there would be the biggest problem.

Why 2014?

Salem2013 is next and it will be considerably cooler there too:). IF Salem gets a heat wave, maybe we should just quit doing these, bad luck! 80s are highs there for the most part. Western side of the Cascades, vs. Redmond, Eastern slope. Redmond was real nice:), and Salem will be another Oregon yet seen for MOA...Very green side of Oregon, nice and ya'll back East should begin planning that trip to Oregon,2013...Be nice for me again, being not far from my Western home and I've been doing ALL the East rallies. Ya'll come my way again:thumb Randy

Beginning in 2013 the new four Zone rotation schedule is...2013 Zone 1 Western, 2014 Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 Zone 2 Mtn States, 2016 Zone 4 Eastern.

2014 is somewhere in the Midwest.

Beginning in 2013 the new four Zone rotation schedule is...2013 Zone 1 Western, 2014 Zone 3 Midwest, 2015 Zone 2 Mtn States, 2016 Zone 4 Eastern.

2014 is somewhere in the Midwest.

Maybe. It doesn't always work out quite so neatly.

Looks like the next oportunity for a large crowd is in 2016. Just like in Real Estate, it comes down to Location, Location, Location. The MOA decision to be "fair" and require rallies to be held in parts of the country where there are not a lot of members will hold rally attendance down. I think a lot of members are like me and only attend rallies within 500 miles of where we live (a long day's ride). If you look at the tags on the bikes at rallies, you will see bikes from everywhere but the majority will be relatively close to home. Is it really "fair" to make the rally conveniently close for relatively few members when the location makes it difficult or impossible for a far greater number of members? People choose where they want to live and factor in the conveniences and inconveniences in their decision. I choose to live in the sticks where I don't have public water, cable, DSL. wi-fi or other things most people consider necessities but I don't expect my chosen location to impact others.

Looks like the next oportunity for a large crowd is in 2016. Just like in Real Estate, it comes down to Location, Location, Location. The MOA decision to be "fair" and require rallies to be held in parts of the country where there are not a lot of members will hold rally attendance down.

But to do otherwise would render the club the eastern US BMW Motorcycle Owners of America. Attendance of 5000 vs 8000 isn't a bad thing when the rally is appropriately planned and has an appropriate budget.

But to do otherwise would render the club the eastern US BMW Motorcycle Owners of America. Attendance of 5000 vs 8000 isn't a bad thing when the rally is appropriately planned and has an appropriate budget.

+1 :thumb

I heard it will revisit West Bend, WI

Wow, I'd love that....being in the Chicago area.

I'm not going to go off on a tangent here and suggest locations. I'm sure they have a team that bats these ideas around more than they care to admit.

Since I travel on working assignments about 150 days a year, I'd gladly offer my services to scout locations if my phone ever rang. I believe the success of any organization is directly related to its being aware of the personnel assets/human resources it contains.

That's all I got.

+1 and yes I have been informed the rally map plan has been changed since last summer. Sorry.

Back