• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hotter than last year?

biketrax

I wasnt able to make this years rally unfortunatly. I was wondering if it was as hot as last years? Also did you get any rain?

IMO the days were as hot but the nights were relatively pleasant. In Bloomsburg the wind died down as it cooled off leaving the tent pretty warm. In Sedalia it seemed to cool a little more and a light breeze stirred to help cool the tent. I camped Sunday to Sunday and slept well every night.

A little rain hit us Thursday morning. There was lightening and thunder in the distance but the rally site was spared anything heavy. I went on a test ride at 8:00 AM and we left in a lght drizzle but most of the ride was on dry roads.

IMO the days were as hot but the nights were relatively pleasant. In Bloomsburg the wind died down as it cooled off leaving the tent pretty warm. In Sedalia it seemed to cool a little more and a light breeze stirred to help cool the tent. I camped Sunday to Sunday and slept well every night.

A little rain hit us Thursday morning. There was lightening and thunder in the distance but the rally site was spared anything heavy. I went on a test ride at 8:00 AM and we left in a lght drizzle but most of the ride was on dry roads.

Agreed. Fairly hot during the day, but unlike Bloomsburg (where Mother Nature turned the oven up to 102 and just left it there 24/7), evenings were better.

As for the rain, I wasted a perfectly good $2 poncho by putting it on, only to discard it 15 minutes later.

Rain not an issue at all. Good time. :dance

The Humidity..

Don't forget about the humidity. In Bloomsburg it stayed in the 90s, while at Sedalia humidity was in the 40s. So as they say in Arizona, its hot, but its a "dry heat". I worked First Aid at both rallies, and while we had a few heat related emergencies, it was nothing like Bloomsburg where we were swamped all day long with heat related problems, and many real emergencies.
Also thanks to the hydration crews keeping watering stations full, and passing out water all thru the grounds. I'm sure that helped to keep First Aid less busy.

I arrived Monday Night and every night there was a breeze, so not too bad. I boosted the wind by purchasing a small fan as I was camping in the swine barn near an outlet. Still w/o a rain fly it made for a good night's sleep. Most of the days there was a breeze so if you were in the shade it was tolerable. probably drank 3 liters.....if water per day.

Nice:)

Sedalia came off NICE. I camped in the open GSGiants area, with breezes and as the sun setttled down, the temps fell quickly to reasonable sleeping temps.. Rained Thursday morning for about an hour plus, but felt soooo good in the first light of day. Shade was still needed and I carried my own this year, a BIG plus. I needed no barn:), but heard the barns were tidy and clean from many filling them. Nice of the first rate Sedalia fairgrounds to have them all cleaned up. My opinion of Sedalia Fairgrounds was its one of our "greater selections" for all time, regarding facilities! BIG Place and we really needed the trams. Randy

Back