• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Naked Ness ?

LuckyGrownup

Hi, did anyone get a picture of Nes from Quebec City riding barefoot and without his helmet on his yellow GS Adventure at the Rally ? I would like to have a photo of him on his bike if possible to remember him. He is not my boyfriend or a fling. I am happily married to a wonder woman that lets me do whatever I want, which makes me happy. I found Nes's prospective of life, riding, and freedom very maverick. However, I will not be following him down the path of riding without a helmet, jackets, pants, or without my Sidi adventure boots. Although I used to be judgmental, I am becoming non-judgmental/tolerant of riders that do not wear safety gear. I really enjoyed talking with all the different people at the rally. It was one of the best 4 days of my life in the last 20+ years. Thanks everyone for being true to yourself at the rally. :dance

P.S. I may have convinced an ICU nurse who was riding a sport bike in shorts, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes at a gasoline stand in Mt Vernon, IL to buy some riding pants. I think I sold him on full gear for comfort. I said I was cooler in the 100F heat than he was. Safety was my hidden agenda. But, selling comfort is easier than soap boxing safety. :wave

Wow. I'm amazed that an ICU nurse would ride sans gear. I work in an Emergency Department. Let me tell you, although I wore helmet/jacket/pants etc, I was never super concerned with safety until I started working at the hospital. Now I get to see, on a weekly basis, riders come in via ambulance. A weekend doesn't go by at work without what we call a MCC (motor cycle collision) for short.

Gearless riders, if they live, generally go straight to ICU where this nurse would be working. So this guy directly sees the aftermath of poor gear choices.

Not getting on a soapbox about gear here. Just surprises me that someone like this would not wear gear given his occupation. There is a dramatic difference between our MCC patients who are geared up and those who aren't. I've seen a lot of geared riders come out of accidents relatively well. I've also seen a lot of poorly-geared riders take relatively minor falls and not do well. Purely anecdotal, but I see a lot of badly injured Harley riders and crotch-rocket riders. They tend to be the folks in my experience who wear the least safety gear, wear merely ornamental helmets, flip flops, shorts and t shirt, etc.

When I first started working in the ER, it actually made a few of my brain cells consider whether riding at all was real smart there for a while. Now, I got over that mental thing, but the m/c accident folks I see coming in still give me an anti-warm-fuzzy.

Of course, one of the radiologists I work with smokes like a fiend, so just because you're educated doesn't mean you make the wisest choices I guess.

Hi, did anyone get a picture of Nes from Quebec City riding barefoot and without his helmet on his yellow GS Adventure at the Rally ? I would like to have a photo of him on his bike if possible to remember him. He is not my boyfriend or a fling. I am happily married to a wonder woman that lets me do whatever I want, which makes me happy. I found Nes's prospective of life, riding, and freedom very maverick. However, I will not be following him down the path of riding without a helmet, jackets, pants, or without my Sidi adventure boots. Although I used to be judgmental, I am becoming non-judgmental/tolerant of riders that do not wear safety gear. I really enjoyed talking with all the different people at the rally. It was one of the best 4 days of my life in the last 20+ years. Thanks everyone for being true to yourself at the rally. :dance

P.S. I may have convinced an ICU nurse who was riding a sport bike in shorts, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes at a gasoline stand in Mt Vernon, IL to buy some riding pants. I think I sold him on full gear for comfort. I said I was cooler in the 100F heat than he was. Safety was my hidden agenda. But, selling comfort is easier than soap boxing safety. :wave

I got to hand it to Ness, dude pulled up in an unusual riding outfit. Didn't judge, great story teller. If thats his thing, so be it. I enjoyed his fellowship.

He showed up at the gate in his usual hot-weather attire and we had a good chat about his unfortunate accident in Alaska last year.

But when it came time for him to man gate 12, shock of all shock, he actually had sandals on. :dance

Ness was a great volunteer..!

Ness pulled a 3-hour cart shift for Security on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. He had one scheduled on Saturday afternoon but had to cancel as he was leaving early. I'm sure he hated to put on that black shirt & hat the cart volunteers wore but he did.

The man's a trooper in my book... thanks Ness..! :wave

Nekkid Ness

I was camped near Ness at Sedalia and at Bloomsburg. Really nice guy, but a bid ...er..different. I didn't take these pictures, my riding buddy did. They are all I have of Ness.

Nekkid-Ness-S.jpg

Nekkid-Ness-2-S.jpg

Back