• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

To rally-goers: An apology

PeoriaMac

To all the rally goers.

During the BMWMOA's 2012 "Howlin' At the Moon" International Rally in Sedalia, a glaring omission was made, and it was made by me at the closing ceremony.
As MC, I mentioned the names of myself and Jonathon Gifford as co-chairs of the Closing Ceremony, and brought up Rally Chair Chuck Manley and his wife, Julie, a rally Co-chair.
I neglected to mention the name of Rally Co-Chair Bob Aldridge who really ramrodded the
Closing Ceremony and two dozen other things (at least) to successful conclusions.
In fact, it was Bob who was working the audio/video switcher at the Closing Ceremony so rally-goers got on two big screens what was happening on stage, and what prizes had been donated.
To not recognize Bob's contributions to the closing--and to the Sedalia rally itself --was, in the words of one rally goer, "an unforgivable snub" and I agree.
To sum up, if you had a good time in Sedalia, you can probably thank Bob Aldridge.
If you didn't like the closing ceremony, you can probably blame me.

Tom McIntyre, MOA # 24929

Everyone i talked to thought the closing ceremony went wonderfully....
not long winded...you were funny...kept the pace moving, and it didn't last forever.

I'd say job well done!

Ken F

Mac. You did a fantastic job with the closing ceremony. But I must tell you my secretary missed you on the news while you were away.

To all the rally goers.

During the BMWMOA's 2012 "Howlin' At the Moon" International Rally in Sedalia, a glaring omission was made, and it was made by me at the closing ceremony.
As MC, I mentioned the names of myself and Jonathon Gifford as co-chairs of the Closing Ceremony, and brought up Rally Chair Chuck Manley and his wife, Julie, a rally Co-chair.
I neglected to mention the name of Rally Co-Chair Bob Aldridge who really ramrodded the
Closing Ceremony and two dozen other things (at least) to successful conclusions.
In fact, it was Bob who was working the audio/video switcher at the Closing Ceremony so rally-goers got on two big screens what was happening on stage, and what prizes had been donated.
To not recognize Bob's contributions to the closing--and to the Sedalia rally itself --was, in the words of one rally goer, "an unforgivable snub" and I agree.
To sum up, if you had a good time in Sedalia, you can probably thank Bob Aldridge.
If you didn't like the closing ceremony, you can probably blame me.

Tom McIntyre, MOA # 24929

Very impressed with how you handled the closing ceremonies.

As for Bob, while his contributions to the rally certainly deserve recognition, he's the kind of guy who thinks more about getting a problem solved than getting credit for solving it.

Stand up guy. :thumb

Closing Ceremony

Yes we all have forgotten things from time to time, and the older I get the more I have forgotten. As a committee chair I worked with Bob and he contributed a great deal WE know that.

I would like to offer this comment. By using pre-taped presentations by our vendor-donors you put a (welcome) time limit on what they had to say. In the past, some went on far too long about their donation even though we do appreciate their gift. The video also gives other interesting information without prolonging the program. Continue to use it.

Good job!

Bill

I said it there and I'll say it again. :clap :clap :clap :clap

But then again, I was a noob and had nothing to compare it to. If the closing at the next 40 rallies is like this one. I'll never complain.

Job well done all the way around!

Great job on the closing ceremonies - we thoroughly enjoyed it (and not just because of the air conditioning, water and cookies)! :)

And, thank you to all of the Rally Chairs, Co-Chairs, and volunteers! What an amazing event you all put on! :thumb

Mac, it's a live show and things happen. No apology necessary. It was the best Closing Ceremony ever thanks to you, Johnathan and Bob. A great team indeed. None of us including Bob do this for the recognition or to stroke our egos. We do it because we love this club and want to share good times with others. It's the same reason we attend as many rallies every year that time will allow.

On a lighter note, I must say watching the "fat man dance" was a rally highlight! See you down the road my friend.

Back