• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Boot Suggestions?

bacook

Hello all-

I am in the market for a pair of waterproof motorcycle boots. I want another zip pair. I have some Alspinstars that I love but are not waterproof...after getting wet feet several times...it's time to find another pair. The issue I am having is that I have very thick calfs and I've not been able to find anything that will fit my enormous calf. Anyone else with the issue that might have a suggestion on what has worked for them? I'm sure all you ladies have shapely calfs but me...not so much!

I also need riding pants and have issues finding a size that fits that isn't too long...so I'll take any help there too.

hi. i've had great experiences with sidi boots. first pair were the jasmine rain boots, which kept my feet dry in downpours. after a few years' wear & tear had to replace so i decided to go with sidi's newer women's boot, the livia rain boots, which i'm assuming will hold up just as well. if you were able to fit into alpinestars, there's a good chance you'll get into the sidis. alternatively, i also have a pair of the women's teknic stinger waterproof boots. these aren't as tall as the sidis so the size of your calf may not even be an issue with these.

as for pants, i'm 5'5 & have purchased dainese & alpinestar brands. i can't say they fit perfectly lengthwise, but the extra inch or so was no big deal. actually, on my F800S, the longer leg length worked well with my riding position.

hope i was able to offer some assistance. good luck with your search!

Check out Frey Daytona Lady Star GTX

Frey Daytona makes great waterproof boots (a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion). They have flat, oil and slip-resistent soles (no heels to catch on footpegs). They have many different models for both men and women. The Lady Star GTX model I use actually has an internal lift (I'm only 5'2), allows me to touch the ground more comfortably. The one feature you'll like is that it's ADJUSTABLE in the calf area - whether you have shapely/athletic calves, or just an extra layer of jeans or heavy socks. You can instantly make them an inch or so bigger just where you need it.

They're only imported to the U.S. by one company that I'm aware of - Helimot (www.helimot.com). My oldest pair (daily riders) is about 10 years old now, and just last year started leaking in heavy rain. Prior to that I'd actually stood in standing water after a heavy rain, and the only reason one foot got wet is that the water sloshed over the top of the boot. My hubby bought me another pair about 5 years ago, which I reserve for longer trips. Santa brought me another pair last Christmas. :) The newest set came with zipper pulls (which in my opinion was the only thing lacking in the older versions of this model).

I recently spoke with another BMW woman rider at the AMA Women's International Rally in Carson City, NV, who told me she'd returned hers for refurbishing. For much less than the cost of a new pair, her old ones came back looking like new. So I'm thinking about checking into that for the oldest pair.

Good luck with your search!

I have had luck with the Forma boot. They are Italian, but Real Rider is the distributor. I went walking around the Heath Fairgrounds in deep puddles at the Damn Yankees rally so can attest that they are waterproof! They are also adjustable at the calves. And they are pretty reasonable, I think! Link below. Let us know what you come up with!

http://www.real-rider.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9

I am in the market for a pair of waterproof motorcycle boots. I want another zip pair.
The issue I am having is that I have very thick calfs and I've not been able to find anything that will fit my enormous calf. .

This summer my wife bought a pair of BMW Women's Pro Touring2 boots and is very happy with them. They are Goretex lined. She has not been in a all day rain to make sure they are waterproof, but her last pair of Goretex BMW boots were waterproof even in all day hard rains. I think the last pair were called Contours.
The Pro Touring2 boot has velcro on both sides so you have more adjustment at top of the boot for different calf sizes and also makes them easy to slip on.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=124383

76228532342_ProTouring2WomensBoots.jpg

Last edited:
I misspoke when I said the women's boot had velcro on both sides to adjust for calf size. I was thinking of my Pro Touring boots.
On the women's Pro Touring 2 there is velcro on the outside covering part of the zipper and velcro in the back. This gives you a lot of adjustment.
Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• Boots.jpg
    Boots.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 69
I forgot you can only attach one picture to a post.

Attachments

• Boots2.jpg
    Boots2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 70
Back