• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Lost things

moezilla

Velocity Joint
First, thanks to all that made this rally possible! This was the first rally that my son attended as a rider (17), and we both had a great time. He is already asking me what we need to do to get ready for the rally next year, and could we ride up through Canada to get there!

Now, I have a favor to ask of the cleanup crew. My son had a set of custom earplugs made, as regular disposables wont fit his ears. He lost them sometime yesterday before the closing ceremonies. He really isn't sure in what area, because he was all over the place. They are in a little round white plastic "puck".

He's really bummed, as he spent the majority of his rally budget on them. 60 bucks is hard to come by when you are earning it doing odd jobs. If anyone comes across them, I would gladly pay a finders fee, postage, etc.

Thanks again MOA!

Did you check at the lost and found??

Friend lost a cellphone, it showed up 12 minutes after it was lost.

Another lost a $100 bill. It showed up within 30 minutes!!

Ken

Hey Ken. Did you make it up? I heard your Dad got the oldest rider...gives me hope I'll be riding with my son for quite a few years to come!

Yep, we checked with lost and found. He didn't realize he had lost them until just before the closing ceremonies, so not really sure how long they had been gone at that point.

Have your son double check his pockets, luggage, and anything else he had with him at the rally. I can't tell you how many times i have found lost items hiding in a spot i had already checked! (but not thoroughly enough)

Yes GMan, Dad & I rode up together, along with several other members of the Spfld roadriders. I wish we had taken an "official roster" as I'm pretty sure we had the highest percentage of our club there.

Great to see everyone, and make new friends!

Ken

Have your son double check his pockets, luggage, and anything else he had with him at the rally. I can't tell you how many times i have found lost items hiding in a spot i had already checked! (but not thoroughly enough)

Oh yeah, we field striped his bike and turned his jacket inside and out looking. I've done the same thing- looked for something hastily, only to discover it where I'd looked before.

When we got home last night, I looked through his jacket again, and we took everything out of both our bags one piece at a time and dumped out our shave kits. No luck.

Highbeemer

My son Tim(31) and I attended the rally and had a great time. I had no idea there was as many BMW motorcycles as what I saw this past week. No doubt I picked the right bike and organization to join.

Son's Earplugs

Hi. I was chairman of Communications/ Lost and Found. I believe I remember talking with your son (tall blond?) several times. Sorry that we couldn't be of help. We only had one pair of earplugs in the lost and found items ad they were custom fitted and a different color. Good luck in getting them back.

Bill Hamilton

Back