• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Lost Barley stuff

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
Barley lost his favorite toy, a reddish rubber ball shaped sort of like a turnip, somewhere between the Beer Garden and the Vendor Buildings.

I also misplaced a red heavy canvas leash about four feet long. It's my fave for maneuvering him thru crowds. It may have been left behind when I pulled into the bike washing station to hose him down when he was having trouble with the heat, or by the Autocomm install tent. Here's a pic of them both.

1.jpg

Please PM me if you've found either. I'll pay postage and send you a care package of gourmet coffee as thanks.

Pete

Pete....good luck with getting Barley's things returned. You've probably already checked with lost and found but it's worth a try if you haven't.

I really enjoyed meeting you and Barley in the one of the vendor bldgs Thusday. What a great riding partner you have there. Safe travels back home.

Mark

Pete....good luck with getting Barley's things returned. You've probably already checked with lost and found but it's worth a try if you haven't.

I really enjoyed meeting you and Barley in the one of the vendor bldgs Thusday. What a great riding partner you have there. Safe travels back home.

Mark

+1! Great to meet you and Barley! Barley is a real trooper! Good luck finding the favorite items. Hope to see you two around in New England. :wave

Louise

Barley's Leash

Pete, some good news for you, sorta.

I was chairman of Communications/ Lost and Found. Indeed, Barley's leash was returned to Lost and Found and we had it waiting. At the end of the rally all items not claimed are boxed and sent back to the MOA Headquarters. The downer is that it will take a little time for the staff to get the semi unloaded.

I would suggest to you that you contact the MOA staff and alert them to be on the lookout for the red leash in the "Lost and Found" box.

Glad to be of help.

Bill Hamilton

Thanks, Bill. By the time I noticed it was missing the Sedalia PD had taken over. I love that leash, so will be sending the MOA some coffee!

Thanks again. Pete

I hope you get Barley's gear back.

On a more positive note, I think I saw your bike in the AutoComm area. Does this mean that Barley can now tell you when he has to take a pit-stop? :)

I hope you get Barley's gear back.

On a more positive note, I think I saw your bike in the AutoComm area. Does this mean that Barley can now tell you when he has to take a pit-stop? :)

You laugh, but I was actually wondering if I could rig a small speaker for him! :) Nah, we were getting a set of those fantastic Skene P3s installed on the back of the tub. Love those things!

Have you ever considered getting Barley a chill out vest? Would that work on a dog, Peter?

Best,
Muriel

Have you ever considered getting Barley a chill out vest? Would that work on a dog, Peter?

Best,
Muriel

I did, but unless he sits up he gets no evaporative cooling and it just acts as another insulating layer to keep his body heat in. If I wet him and he sits up, he sheds heat but his head is in direct sunlight. I might go with Hannigan's ragtop. It would keep the sun off him, but with the side windows removed he'd still get the breeze.

He was so glad to be home that he offered no protest when Rusty jumped into the hack and made himself at home!
5a8ab7f9.jpg

I want to thank Tammy from the MOA HQ for returning the leash my silly human misplaced in Sedalia. It was my favorite leash, and I'm very grateful for its safe delivery.

Barley

Hey Pete and Barley, glad you both are well! Will you be at the Finger Lakes Rally? We plan to be there as usual.

Julie and Chuck

Idiots

Probably not. That location is not dog friendly. :(

Barbie and I have missed a few rally trips because of the NO DOG policy too. Do these people think people who travel with their pets don't know how to properly control or clean up after the pet?

I enjoyed talking to Barley at the rally. Barbie's dog fits into an infant carrier; hope they get to meet in the future.

Barbie and I have missed a few rally trips because of the NO DOG policy too. Do these people think people who travel with their pets don't know how to properly control or clean up after the pet?

I enjoyed talking to Barley at the rally. Barbie's dog fits into an infant carrier; hope they get to meet in the future.

As someone who co-chairs a rally with a no dog policy this is specified in the contract to use the site. In other words it is out of our hands.

As someone who co-chairs a rally with a no dog policy this is specified in the contract to use the site. In other words it is out of our hands.

For every no dog location there are dozens of irresponsible pet owners who blew it for the rest of us. I really have no gripe with the policy; they are very up front about it. Barley and I just go elsewhere with our spade and our poop bags, trying to set a good example and get folks to not paint all dogs and dog people with the same brush.

Even Barley, as sweet and well mannered as he is, has limits. It's up to me to be aware of them. At the Rally in Sedalia there were a couple of overly-exuberant dogs who got in his face. Barley warned with a growl and a lip curl. We dog owners noticed and went our separate ways to defuse the situation. The responsibility is on us, not them.

I hope the well-behaved dogs at the National policy continues, and that we are as responsible in our handling of our furry friends as we are about our riding.

Pete

I just picked up the "bag" off my driveway,where the conscientious owner scooped,then dropped,as soon as no one was looking.For every one of those scum,I am sure there are 10 who actually do the right thing.Funny what you notice and remember though.

That sucks

I just picked up the "bag" off my driveway,where the conscientious owner scooped,then dropped,as soon as no one was looking.For every one of those scum,I am sure there are 10 who actually do the right thing.Funny what you notice and remember though.

I hope you catch him doing it. I live at the beach and vacationers walk their dogs on my street because it is one block off the main road. My Dad broke several folks from not cleaning up after their dogs. I pity the dogs who have to live with such people. I patrol the yard every morning with a water hose and dissolve the waste. The people who do not pick up are usually night walkers.

As with most things, knowing and doing are two different things.

When something (like the dogs in this discussion) is banned or prohibited you can bet there is a story to go with it.

When I first got into the MC camping, most campgrounds would not permit motorcycles on their property. Parking outside the gate & carrying your stuff to a campsite was the only option.

Back