• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

WiFi at the rally

dlowry

bored, bored ...
Its very difficult to connect to the wifi here. The address leases are not expiring fast enough for new people to join. Leases should expire much quicker. The only way I got on was disabling the wifi on my wife's iPhone and entering her address as a static connection. Yes, this is geek speak and. I'm hoping the cyber chair has some pull to fix this, or gives me access to if it ;-)

The coverage on the rally grounds is no where near as good as past rallies either.

Good here

Its very difficult to connect to the wifi here. The address leases are not expiring fast enough for new people to join. Leases should expire much quicker. The only way I got on was disabling the wifi on my wife's iPhone and entering her address as a static connection. Yes, this is geek speak and. I'm hoping the cyber chair has some pull to fix this, or gives me access to if it ;-)

The coverage on the rally grounds is no where near as good as past rallies either.

It is very good here near the FFA building and also in the RV camping area...where are you?

Can't live without computer connection for three days? Pathetic.

Not really

Did you post the above from the rally site? Or were you jsut taking a shot at someoen who needs the connection?

Believe it or not, there are people here who must take an hour or two out of their fun and take care of their businesses back home. A good connection is what allows thenm to take the time off and attend the rallies. Just because something has no value to you, does not mean it has no value.

I used the forum to organize four tours and I am glad I had a good connection.

Back to the wifi topic:

Anyone know the password for the Guest wifi router? I get a signal but don't know the login. THX

Did you post the above from the rally site? Or were you jsut taking a shot at someoen who needs the connection?

Believe it or not, there are people here who must take an hour or two out of their fun and take care of their businesses back home. A good connection is what allows thenm to take the time off and attend the rallies. Just because something has no value to you, does not mean it has no value.

I used the forum to organize four tours and I am glad I had a good connection.

Very true.

I haven't had a completely unpulgged vacation in years.

Along that note...
A friend of mine WOULD NOT stay at the Peaks of Otter Lodge (for one night) on the BRP this spring for only the following reasons:
  • Stated no cell phone coverage on their website
  • No Wifi available
  • No internet for guests
  • No television in room
And he's retired so no job to keep up with. My wife and I rather enjoyed it last fall for the same reasons he wouldn't stay. We did get a somewhat emergency call while there and had to try 3 times before completing the call, but so what. What did we do 20 years ago? I remember.

I got into the habit of riding to Panera on U.S. 50 West every morning for an air conditioned breakfast and Wifi. Never used the Wifi at the rally site.

Back