• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Have fun folks

rob nye

Ritalin Poster Boy
Funny feelings this morning...

I knew a few months ago I would not be able to go to the rally and I was fine with the decision. I've taken on a part time gig with Yamaha and I'm working in Carlisle this week.

I didn't think I'd miss what I call the "Quickening", the feeling I get as I ride to the rally and start to see more beemers.

I didn't think I'd miss volunteering to help set something up. Last year I handled the dirty job of sanitation and I loved it. Or the excitement as thousands of people ride in to play with what we set up and all the little elements that make the MOA Rally so much fun for so many people.

But I do.

So for those that do get to attend I hope you have big fun. It's there all around you and there's more than enough to go around.

Same here, Rob. Working and unable to attend. As it draws closer, the harder it gets to know I'm not going.

Was so looking forward to another Iron Butt run up to the rally and meeting the IBA members again. Attending seminars and the closing ceremonies. Yes, I really like the closing ceremony. We had such a great time last year despite the heat.

But most of all I'm going to miss seeing my friends Jerry Settle and his wife Charlotte and Thomas "Slider" and Beth "Slipper" Lee. You may remember that Jerry was a featured ambassador in an MOA issue some months ago. He's held religious services at the rallies for many years. If you stop by to visit them -- I'm sure they'll be meeting each morning --- please give them my kindest regards. Jerry gives a good teaching and Slider sings a good hymn. It's been the highlight of our rally week to attend Jerry and Slider's services.

Wishing all of you a safe and fun rally week. :thumb

I know that feeling Rob. I couldn't make it after making the last 3 in a row. When all the guys from the Gulf South Club in New Orleans started getting excited last week it started getting to me. Oh well next year sounds like a very nice location. Everyone enjoy and think of us that can't make it. Drink a beer in honer of us. :wave

Orygun next year...

Yes, yes and yes!

I'm thinking or flogging the hack to Portland for Dillon's graduation and leaving it there until Chace, Alexis (neice and stunt daughter) and I fly out for the National. Granted somewhere in there we need to ship Chace's bike west.

We're thinking we'd start the tour at the National and take two weeks to come east while showing Alexis America by sidecar.

Yeah, I know two weeks isn't close to enough time to show a 9yr old America but hopefully it will be the first of many adventures.

Back