• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600 Forum

Yes, the K1600 forum gets off track on occasion. But, if you are looking for technical advice or the most recent farkle available for a K1600 it is the place to go. You just have to be smart enough to know when BS comes in to play... I've been frequenting the K1600 forum since I got my GT last year, no issues.

K1600 Forum is a terrific source of information for the bike I own and enjoy---and I'm a fan. I'm there for information and to read about motorcycles and gear. Truth is, I just don't get caught up in all the BS that people on these boards seem to get all worked up about. :sick

I get a lot of useful information on the K1600 Forum, much the same as I used to get from the BMWLT.com forum.

K1600 Forum is a terrific source of information for the bike I own and enjoy---and I'm a fan. I'm there for information and to read about motorcycles and gear. Truth is, I just don't get caught up in all the BS that people on these boards seem to get all worked up about. :sick

+1, Gunny; I'm with Mike in not getting caught up in BS that does not matter, K1600 Forum has a wealth of information on our Beemers and I have met a number of great folks to ride with at K1600 Forum. A bunch of us K1600 Forumites are riding from Southwest US to the Austin Texas GP in April.

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/sou...e-interested-riding-usgp-races-austin-tx.html

How many of you go to this forum? Are all the mods 16 year old girls or just really sensitive girly men? When I bought my GTL did I miss the part where I was to buy a skirt to fit in? Should I have kept my RT so I can ride with men? Can you get strike 3 on another forum?

Never had a problem with them, seems like the normal forum chatter and mods (I really only have conversations w one; RL), no probs, he's very helpful!

jnowell7

I had a 1976 R90/6 and then a 2005 1200RT, and then bought a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14. I was thinking about getting back into BMW's with a 1600GT, so that's why I got on this forum---to see if there were any posts of trouble with the 1600 and to see how current owners liked their bikes. I had read about leaking water pumps and shifting problems. Any feedback from either those who have had problems or from those who love their GT's?

I had a 1976 R90/6 and then a 2005 1200RT, and then bought a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14. I was thinking about getting back into BMW's with a 1600GT, so that's why I got on this forum---to see if there were any posts of trouble with the 1600 and to see how current owners liked their bikes. I had read about leaking water pumps and shifting problems. Any feedback from either those who have had problems or from those who love their GT's?

I heartily recommend you just join the K1600 Forum, there is no use reinventing the wheel here. It is free and there are 201 pages in just the General Motorcycle Discussions alone, they welcome other model riders to join and ask question there before purchasing a K1600. I was on a R1150RT, R1100GS and an F800GS when I purchased my K16GT; it's free! http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-general-discussions/

Back