• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tlcproducts, do they actually exist?

Alfred02

tlcproducts. com

I was looking for some inner liner side bags and top box bag.
On recommendation on one of the BMW forums (not sure which one it was) I had a look at the tlcproducts liners.

Long story short, I ordered all of the above for a total cost of AUS $135.61
This was 2/12 month ago.
Not a sighting of the products, no replies to multiple emails enquirers.
I have to say that this is the only American manufacturer that has ever ripped me off.
So at least for overseas buyers...Don't Touch them!

I had never heard of them before your post. I looked them up and they have a nice website that looks like they primarily caters to the Harley crowd.

Perhaps some of the California guys have done business with them and can give you insight. Here is the contact information from their website

tlcproducts.com
2575 Fortune Way #B
Vista California 92081
USA

Phone: 760-599-1614
Fax: 760-599-1166
Toll-Free: 1-866-292-6837
e-mail info@tlcproducts.com

Sorry you had a problem. :banghead

I got a set of R1200RT saddle bag liners a couple of years ago without problem. Even included free embroidery and I used "Left" and "Right". :)

Decent product for the price at the time.

But haven't had any contact with them since then.

They have a message on their phone. We are in the process of moving to another location (out of state?), please be advised that we are not ignoring you, etc.
It's 6 p.m. here now so beyond normal business hours. Send your info and I can call them tomorrow. She also gave a 619 number which would indicate they are moving to another area in this area.
The recording said please be advised this move was necessary to continue to service your business, and not to avoid you.
So it looks like some upheaval. PM your info to me. They may also have some problem with the shipping to down under so if I can get your order I'll ship it on to you.
dc

Apologies for the very late response guys.
I have sent David a reply via PM.

When I wrote the original post, I was about to go to work and it's been pretty full on all day yesterday.
Now at 06:12AM, I got a chance to reply.

The items were paid using PayPal (not happy with them either..big time)
I have ordered lots of parts and accessories from the US and a couple of times, it took up to 6 weeks for the items to arrive. But what has been the case is that 99% sent a confirmation email when the item(s) had been posted, not so in the case with TLC.
So after about 5 weeks of nothing showing up, I sent them an email inquiry to see if they had sent the items yet and when, followed by another email without any response and then finally contacting PayPal opening a dispute claim.
PayPal's reply was that they have a policy of having to claim within 45 days and as this was past that time...basically they would do nothing.
Well it's obvious that these idiots haven't worked out that items now can take up to 60 days in some cases to arrive.
I think it's part of the added security systems in our countries with all items being heavily screened, creating larger backlogs.
Funny enough, PayPal had no issues at all to instantly transfer my money out of my account :bluduh

If it would have been just a few dollars, I probably would have dropped it, but a hundred dollars plus? Buggered if I let myself get ribbed off without trying everything to retrieve my money or get my paid for products.

David's reply is valid if they are moving, but then they should have either taken down their Website, blocked any purchase for the time being, or at least display a message on their Website of them being unable to fulfill any orders for some time to come, until their move is completed.

Which by the way, I am very suspicious of. The order and payment were sent on the 8th of May 2012. We now are mid July!
No company that I know of takes that long to move without them risking major negative impact on their business....doesn't make sense.

Ohh
And if anybody is wondering why I haven't called them myself?
It is very expensive to call the other side of the globe, and how much more money should I risk to loose?

No problem. I can call from here with voip at no cost.
I'll let you know.
I called, and called the secondary number. It says mailbox full. I did leave messages on the first number. I also checked with the city of Vista, and they have a business license good until the end of Sept. 2012, but that would be paid yearly and only then be up for renewal.
Their message does say they are moving out of state.
The license shows only the same address and phone number as above, and lists Brent Clingman as sole proprietor.
Let's see if I can any response. I also sent an email.
Their dba which should be listed with the county, should give more detailed contact info. The name on the city license is TLC Quality Sewing & Assembly.
It's difficult to say why they are moving out of state. Quite likely based on economic problems. And, it's difficult to say how they will end up dealing with those economic problems.
dc

Last edited:
I should also point out that in terms of changing things on the website, usually, it costs money. To get someone to change it for you, so if they are in financial trouble, they may not be able to pay someone to change the website.
I was unable to make changes to our website, which I wanted to do, and I couldn't do it.
Finally, someone from Australia (in Australia) lent a hand and made the changes for me free. It was some simple stuff, but they of course usually get paid for that. But that's what friends are for.
dc

Thanks for all the effort David
I have VOIP myself, but it's just cheap while calling inside the country, then it goes up quite steep for other countries.
They used to be cheap as, until VOIP became popular and more reliable.
Then "all" of them increased their prices...typical.
What ever happened to competition and free market?
Anyway, this TLC company is worthwhile pursuing not just for me as it seems.
A lot of other fellow riders could be falling into the trap from the sound of it.
Surely I am not the only one.
David mentioned in a PM that they might have economic problems and that's possible.
But if they can't supply the products, then they have to close their Website and accounts, otherwise it's theft.

I didn't read David's last message before my last reply as we seem to be overlapping while replying.
No matter what the case, it's worthwhile to find out and if they are going into receivership then others will require warning via forums as otherwise they can kiss their money goodby.

As there is still a remote chance of this coming to a final conclusion (and I am happy to receive the product instead of my money back), it leaves me between a rock and a hard place.
I can't order the Liners from somebody else like CeeBaileys until I know for sure as I really have no use for "two" sets.

No question.
Let us see if in the next day or two if I receive a response. I'll call again, also.
dc

I got my liners just at the end of May.

The owner had a serious stroke and his wife got very overloaded. She did not know all about shipping and computer stuff...

Still, she did send me my liners and I am happy with them.

Don't give up just yet.

If they are in trouble due to their health or otherwise and still want to honer their sales, I am happy to wait until they catch up with their backlog.
As long as we get some kind of response, acknowledging my outstanding order.

Back