• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Day Ride in the Ozarks (Paved)

drubery

Western NY Rider
I'm looking for a paved ride down into some nice roads in the Ozarks and back Friday from the rally. Anyone have a nice ride mapped out they would care to share or wouldn't mind me tagging along. Thinking of leaving in morning, grabbing lunch and getting back early afternoon.

A Map Source route would be icing on the cake!

Thanks,

-Dennis

Just head south. About 20/30 miles north of the Arkansas border it will start to get fun. The lettered roads are the most in generall.

125 on the Missouri side is freshly paved from the ferry landing north about 50 miles. The curves are so perfectly banked that I'll bet the road commissioner rides! I did side trips on DD and E; both were enjoyable. From Springfield north things are pretty flat save around Lake of the Ozarks. The road across the Truman Dam near Warsaw is open to traffic.

125 on the Missouri side is freshly paved from the ferry landing north about 50 miles. The curves are so perfectly banked that I'll bet the road commissioner rides! I did side trips on DD and E; both were enjoyable. From Springfield north things are pretty flat save around Lake of the Ozarks. The road across the Truman Dam near Warsaw is open to traffic.

:thumb - this is a good road.

On the southeast side of Sedalia... look for roads M and V. Nice paved sweepers.

The GS Giants mapped out a bunch of rides, and all the routes are downloadable. But they all have gravel. You could just skip those parts.... :ha

Ian

To get to the 'good roads' in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas, it is unfortunately about 150 miles of boring US65 to get there.

An alternate idea, head east along the Missouri River to a town called Herman...stuff to see and eat there,plus some decent roads to and from on both sides of the river.

AVOID :madCamdenton and Osage Beach or any other town on Lake of the Ozarks and US 54 Friday afternoon...LOTS of people/traffic going to the lake. Lots of traffic signals...no fun..BTDT!

Back