• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I hate to point it out but.........

xp8103

As much as I WISH we were able to make this year's rally, and as much as we'd PLANNED to make it, the best laid plans....

Given the weather this summer, I checked Weather.com for the extended forecast next week and...........

Ummmm..........

Well..........

Please everyone be safe.

have you ever seen a weather report from the great white north? at the mere hint of 75 degrees they're talking the correct SPF factor when you buy your sun screen. :ha

As much as I WISH we were able to make this year's rally, and as much as we'd PLANNED to make it, the best laid plans....

Given the weather this summer, I checked Weather.com for the extended forecast next week and...........

Ummmm..........

Well..........

Please everyone be safe.

We bowed out for the same reason...

Ummmm..........

Well..........

Please everyone be safe.

Understandable. Not everyone tolerates extreme heat as well as others, so it's a personal call on every MOA member's behalf.

See you at a future rally! :thumb

As a wise rider once told me " If one watches the Weather Channel, you'll never ride anywhere"
He said that as I was pointing at the forecast to the north of MO we were headed to leaving the hotel...we were prepared and enjoyed the trip anyways.

It's your call... don't mind the ribbin':wave

Is this for real??? My Grandmother once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". I'm 65 and plan to get there, heat or not. I survived Bloomsburg, should be OK for this one. See you all there.LOL

To paraphrase Noel Coward lyriÔÇô Mad dogs and Englishmen ride in the midday sun.

Weather like this I ride in the morning
and then again in the evening

while midday I'm seeking the shade
and a cooling lemonade

I have to work while you are having rally fun
Under the blazing July Missouri sun

Remember, as you make your rally run
Mad dogs and Englishmen ride in the midday sun

:brad

No one can control the weaker and the weather cannot control me. With so much to offer in the way of fun, friendship and experience, I'm not going to miss it.

Sent from the road...

106.5 degrees when we left the GWRRA Wing Ding at 7:30 PM in Fort Wayne, Ind. a week ago today. Everyone was looking forward to next years event in Greenville, SC.

To be fair, our plans changed quite a number of months ago when other associated plans fell through as my brother and his family also make plans to be here for a visit. Had we made plans to go and were prepped for it this year as we originally had planned, we'd be there enjoying it as much as we enjoyed Bloomsburg!

I tested my new tent (bigger and more mesh) and air mattress (I needed more padding) last night in Joplin. I put on the rain fly, and pulled it up, in case of rain it would take 2 minutes to pull down. It cools off nicely after 11. At 3 I woke stiff, pulled up some sleeping bag. At 6:30 I woke up, sun or otherwise I would still be sleeping. It was prime sleeping weather. I feel good this morning. Good as an ac motel room, no. Good enough,you bet.
Rod

Back