Thread: New Noise 04 rt

New Noise 04 rt

After my spline lube job I have a noise that wasn't there before.I think it sounds like the clutch shaft that goes from the clutch slave cylinder to the pressure plate.If you lose that felt insulation on the shaft or it has moved will that shaft vibrate enough when the clutch is not pulled in to make the noise.It goes away when you have the clutch pulled in.

Quote Originally Posted by wz31857 View Post
    After my spline lube job I have a noise that wasn't there before.I think it sounds like the clutch shaft that goes from the clutch slave cylinder to the pressure plate.If you lose that felt insulation on the shaft or it has moved will that shaft vibrate enough when the clutch is not pulled in to make the noise.It goes away when you have the clutch pulled in.
    I'm not sure, but if only light clutch pressure - just enough to make contact with the rod but to not push it much - makes the noise go away then that is a distinct possibility. If it takes anything more than just making it not vibrate to silence the noise then the problem is in the slave cylinder or deeper in the clutch assembly. Do some testing and let us know.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I started the bike ,waited for the noise,pulled in the clutch and definitely silences it with a 1/3 of the clutch pulled.It bugs me that it wasn't there before I did the spline lube.I had installed a new slave cylinder when I had it apart.