• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Will a 96 R1100RS engine fit a 95 R1100RA

bmrbuk

Can someone please help me answer this question. I have 1995 R1100RA that I need to replace the case on. I have found a 96 R1100RS parts bike and was wondering it will work.

Regards,
Mike

motors (at least the outers, and nearly all of the inners) should be identical between all 1100 series bikes. transmissions vary a bit for mounting points of swingarms, rear subframes, etc., so might need to plan on keeping your original trans.
i'd call a reputable shop in the morning (Ozzy's in Chico CA, Ted Porter's Beemer Shop in CA, Rubber Chicken Racing in PA) would all be good options from guys who have likely done such swaps, and can accurately advise of any pitfalls. Anton L. or Don E.on this forum might also have some insights.
good luck!

motors (at least the outers, and nearly all of the inners) should be identical between all 1100 series bikes. transmissions vary a bit for mounting points of swingarms, rear subframes, etc., so might need to plan on keeping your original trans.
i'd call a reputable shop in the morning (Ozzy's in Chico CA, Ted Porter's Beemer Shop in CA, Rubber Chicken Racing in PA) would all be good options from guys who have likely done such swaps, and can accurately advise of any pitfalls. Anton L. or Don E.on this forum might also have some insights.
good luck!

Thanks for your feedback, I will make some call today.
Mike

Back