• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Route from the East --

mneblett

I'll be coming from Virginia across I-64.

When I get to St. Louis -- assuming I survive the passage through East St. Louis (I'll save the interesting tale of driving through ESL on a Sunday morning with my LT's final drive making LOUD, bumpy noises!) -- I have the choice of picking up I-70 and going over the north side of St. Louis, or staying on I-64 and going pretty much straight through the city until 64 turns into Rt. 40 and then meets I-70 near Wentzville.

Looking for advice as to whether to immediately pick up I-70 or go straight on I-64.

Thanks!

I've gone through St. Louis numerous times. I plan to go north of the city on I-270. If I run into construction or other traffic problems on that route, I can get off at any exit, go north and take state and county roads to keep moving.

I have had some very easy trips THROUGH St. Louis, and have sat for hours with no way to escape. I do not know the city routes well enough to feel comfortable on
"surface" streets.

If you are coming on I-64, you can avoid the worst of things by taking I-255 south to I-270 and then continue west on your choice of routes...including US 50.

I will probably be sick of the interstate after I get through St. Louis and get off at Warrenton, MO and finish the trip on state and federal roads.

Hope that helps.

Holy Mackeral, are you sure you even want to go? Temp today in Sedalia MO was a sizzling 104 with 26 percent humidity!

Jack

Back