• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gremlin bells?

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
A few of my cruiser bike buddies have little bells on the under carriage of their bikes. They say it 'scares off evil spirits and gremlins'...Any one else partake of this custom?

I take full responsibility for the function of my motorbike. As such, I have no need for silly superstition.

the girl at the checkout counter at the local Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer tried to get me to buy one for my bike... I told her, "We BMW riders don't' put such petty things on our German engineers works of art!" :)

Just one more silly custom by the "loud pipes save lives" bunch..... right up there with "frilly" lever covers, ape hangers and fingerless gloves...not to mention the ubiquitous bandana in lieu of a helmet.

The "look" reigns supreme in that world. :thumb

Funny stuff!!

You better believe my Gremlin bell lives on whichever RED bike I'm riding.

David Hough gave it to me :groovy

Voni
sMiling

I always thought they were the motorcycle equivelent of the rubber strap my father dragged behind his trucks 'to reduce static electricity from building up".

I thought the tradition was that you couldn't buy one for yourself...they had to be given to you.

None for me, thank you!!

Back