• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'87 K75s / Magura Clutch Cable Replacement Barrell (Nipple Holder)

kentuvman

Hi Everyone and Happy July 4th!

I've read about a small barrel falling out when a clutch cable breaks.

Bought a spare cable last year from Motobins and haven't had to use it yet - just insurance.

Beemer Boneyard sells this:
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/magclcblbr.html

Interesting enough, when I look where the clutch cable connects to the hand lever, I'm not seeing this piece in there - the cable works fine and is not frayed and has some grease on it

Can I continue to run w/out this or is it something I should carry with the spare cable?

Thanks much

Ken

You have one. Pull you clutch in and look at the inside end of the handle that's usually covered by the shrouding. The quarter inch round thing is the barrel, the end of the cable slips in it. Keep it well lubed.

Thanks - you're right - it's there.

The spare cable also came with a barrel - I should be all set and hopefully won't have to use it!

Thanks - you're right - it's there.

The spare cable also came with a barrel - I should be all set and hopefully won't have to use it!

The cable only comes with the barrel for the tranny end, not the barrel for the lever end. You need to carry the one for the lever end if you carry a spare cable.

:dance:dance:dance

The cable only comes with the barrel for the tranny end, not the barrel for the lever end. You need to carry the one for the lever end if you carry a spare cable.

:dance:dance:dance

I learned the hard way!!

Attachments

• clutch repair.JPG
    clutch repair.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 37
Anyone know the know the BMW p/n?

I'm ordering a few airhead parts from the local dealer & will add the barrel too.

Back