• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally route from NC

JDOCKERY132445

OldBMWMaster
I have a choice of heading North on I-77 and getting to the Rally through VA and KY into MO; or heading South on I-77 to I-40 and going to the Rally via NC/TN into MO.

Which do you think will offer the cooler temps?

The group I was planning to go with from central NC. had a route that took us west/north on NC421/321 to TN. and then we would decide if it was going to be cooler to stay more west before moving northward.

Suddenly , some of the group are making noise about skipping the rally all together and going to Nova Scotia if the weather continues to be so miserably hot.

If that happens are you open to another rider tagging along with you ??
Doug

Sounds like a plan Doug

The group I was planning to go with from central NC. had a route that took us west/north on NC421/321 to TN. and then we would decide if it was going to be cooler to stay more west before moving northward.

Suddenly , some of the group are making noise about skipping the rally all together and going to Nova Scotia if the weather continues to be so miserably hot.

If that happens are you open to another rider tagging along with you ??
Doug

That works for me Doug. I will PM you. Anyone else want to make an 18 hour ride from NC to the rally?

I have a choice of heading North on I-77 and getting to the Rally through VA and KY into MO; or heading South on I-77 to I-40 and going to the Rally via NC/TN into MO.

Which do you think will offer the cooler temps?

I think both will be warm, but if you slabbed it on I-40 to Nashville and 24 past Paducah into the Missouri Bootheel, there is some really nice country road riding almost all the way to Sedalia.

Ian

Weather

Both routes offer some good riding. I will check the weather closer to my departure date and make a choice at that time. The advanced forecast for Sedalia looks good; but I don't have much faith it it.

Back