• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty fog riders rally 2012

tourunigo

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2012

:dance September 3 - 7, 2012 with and Early Bird Arrival date of September 2nd.

This video is a quick intro through pictures but also outlines costs. Costing and many other particulars will be posted shortly with commentary. Also working on a PayPal option but we're still confirming that it will work. Payment with checks remains a good option. More on that later. For now..... the video.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCl8lkGLXNo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GCl8lkGLXNo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sign me up :)
The maritimes are so beautiful anytime of time of the year. It is grand that you are hosting this rally again and will be honored to join you. Paul

Sign me up :)
The maritimes are so beautiful anytime of time of the year. It is grand that you are hosting this rally again and will be honored to join you. Paul

Paul, glad that you can make it! Please send us an address link to our email at

saltyfogriders@gmail.com

and we will forward the registration form and info regarding payment and other rally particulars ( we will be posting more material here as well )

We will also have materials and information at the rally in Sedalia...... just look for the Salty Fog Riders banner at our tent site (near the Beer Tent :buds) - Bob

Oh... I know that feeling

....you just found your top box key; or the toy motorbike in-ya grand kids fruit loops!

three bowl john..... 2011 Salty

Last edited:
....you just found your top box key; or a pearl in-ya fruit loops!

three bowl john..... 2011 Salty

Nice to see that the Salty Fog Riders Rally ranks right up there with a few other exciting moments in life :brow

Back To Business: At the MOA rally we will have Nova Scotia maps, NS motorcycle tour books and be available to assist with travel information....... as well as do a bit of marketing for our own little rally. - Bob

Off to Sedalia and the SS1000 out of Wilkes-Barre, Penn on 16th so I just wanted to bump this one time and we do hope to meet with riders interested in our little rally while in Sedalia. Look for the Salty Fog Riders banner at our tent site (likely near the beer and general hooliganism). Back home August 1 and back to talking about this years rally ie The Food, the possibility of a fishing gig on a local lobster boat, great relaxation and, hopefully, some fine Nova Scotia weather. - Bob and Mary

At the barn yet....

Or "just" down coast planning? Hope you've had a good ride home from the MOA.
It was great to see you both in "outlaw" territory, out west like that; you did well!
Hell'of a place for a rally; a train ride home seemed in order.
Time for Salty Fog I say!!!
A toast to all from last year's that made Sedalia; it was a hoot for Dara & I both to
see you there. Too bad the wild woman couldn't find a moon to howl at in Missouri;
guess shes only good for maritime sunrises, however early!
And hey Bob... me think those fee totals are "reversed" in the video; OR is Sept 2nd & 3rd added together???
three bowl john.... 2011 Salty .:dance

Last edited:
Or "just" down coast planning? Hope you've had a good ride home from the MOA.
It was great to see you both in "outlaw" territory, out west like that; you did well!
Hell'of a place for a rally; a train ride home seemed in order.
Time for Salty Fog I say!!!
A toast to all from last year's that made Sedalia; it was a hoot for Dara & I both to
see you there. Too bad the wild woman couldn't find a moon to howl at in Missouri;
guess shes only good for maritime sunrises, however early!
And hey Bob... me think those fee totals are "reversed" in the video; OR is Sept 2nd & 3rd added together???
three bowl john.... 2011 Salty .:dance

hey john, back in larrys river. Computer not working and have to pick away on cell. Prices are correct. Early day a bit cheaper... Not s much food as monday although lots of it. Now,off to find a real computer. .... Bob

Cell coverage there now? I have mixed feelings about that! :dunno

Good point Tom but fear not. There is NO cell phone coverage here in Larry's River but it can be had on a hilltop about five miles to the north. I used wifi as an emailing connection. Currently using a friend's computer to get a few things done .... sigh. The Salty Fog Riders Rally at Larry's River will have email capabilities for all as well as a land line.

Food....

..... :eat Food, glorious food! .... as the song says, is one of the signature points of the Salty Fog Riders Rally. Free range eggs, berries picked from our field, hand cut home fries, homemade lasagna, salads, hams and a host of surrounding morsels. Plus, Mary's ongoing chicken soup (the soup that gave one participant the nickname of Three Bowls John), tea and coffee. Interested?

THE MENU

Sunday, September 2nd, is Early Arrival Day:

ARRIVAL : ongoing homemade chicken soup, crackers/bread, tea/coffee

EVENING SUPPER: (ongoing homemade chicken soup, as desired), ham with pineapple glaze; potato salad, macaroni salad, bread, tea/coffee/own adult beverage

DESSERT: Salty Fog cake, tea/coffee

NEXT MORNING BREAKFAST: pancakes with fresh wild blueberrys, sausages, tea/coffee

NEXT MENU: MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3 .... next post:lurk

THE MENU:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD

This is the official first day and like Sunday it starts with:

ARRIVAL: Ongoing homemade chicken soup, crackers/bread, tea/coffee; available no matter when you arrive.

EVENING SUPPER: Mary’s special homemade lasagna, garden salad, mixed
bean salad, garlic bread, own adult beverage

Dessert: Salty Fog cake; tea/coffee

TUESDAY MENU AND AGENDA: ........NEXT POST

Last edited:
... and on Tuesday morning, September 4th, it's our pre ride breakfast:

BREAKFAST: scrambled farm fresh/free range eggs; hand cut home-fries, toast, tea/coffee

Ride departure time is 9 am. :thumb

Next: The Ride

"I vagely recall the ride.... but I sure remember the food"

:drink..... so I better get back for the 2012 Salty and look around a little bit!!!

great hosts, good music & fantastic roads, scenery like in another country :brow

AND the food! This is touring at its best.

Travel'in John.... aka "three bowl john"
04R1150R ... breathing is easy, living takes effort

Excellent video! We are thinking about Nova Scotia next year and will keep the rally in mind.

Excellent video! We are thinking about Nova Scotia next year and will keep the rally in mind.

Thanks for the compliment. BTW, music is my son's jazz-funk band The Synchronics based out of Halifax. Next year we would love to have you join us! This year is filling up quickly but a few spots remain..... just in case you have the chance to make it this year.:brow - Bob

Back