• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty fog riders rally 2012

:drink..... so I better get back for the 2012 Salty and look around a little bit!!!

great hosts, good music & fantastic roads, scenery like in another country :brow

AND the food! This is touring at its best.

Travel'in John.... aka "three bowl john"
04R1150R ... breathing is easy, living takes effort

Soup ingredients are 'in hand' and awaiting Mary's Soup Magic. This year she says that she will write down the "recipe" for those interested. Just wait until you taste that lasagna though :eat:eat:eat:eat:eat :thumb - Bob

Now now Bob.. Ya just had to rub it in about the lasagna didnt ya. :brow

Not nice I say :nono Especially since I will not be able to make it this year..

Wonder if ole 3 bowl will take care of the Mackerel for me and do it in the same style?

Soup ingredients are 'in hand' and awaiting Mary's Soup Magic. This year she says that she will write down the "recipe" for those interested. Just wait until you taste that lasagna though :eat:eat:eat:eat:eat :thumb - Bob

Now now Bob.. Ya just had to rub it in about the lasagna didnt ya. :brow

Not nice I say :nono Especially since I will not be able to make it this year..

Wonder if ole 3 bowl will take care of the Mackerel for me and do it in the same style?

As you know, it is near impossible to go hungry at our rally! Lasagna, soup, ham, eggs, salad ..... and so on. However, it is the very rare sort that can eat mackerel in the way that you demonstrated in 2011.

5 spots left and 19 days remaining until the rally start (early arrival day). - Bob

Bob, I'd love to attend, but as you know, I can only attend during odd numbered years. Looking forward to attending again in 2013. :dance

US Cell Phone Plans in Canada

You can add Canada roaming to your phone plan before you leave in order to cut the charges significantly. Sprint has a reasonably priced Canada Roaming option (voice, dunno about data), as does AT&T for both voice and data. I believe Verizon also has a Canada plan, but don't know the details.

I've carried both Sprint and AT&T phones in Canada on many occasions. Sprint used to be the better choice. Last year, AT&T was and because of that, I no longer carry a Sprint phone.

YOU'VE GOTTA ADD CANADA ROAMING BEFORE YOU GO! You can't do it after the fact.

Thanks for the timely reminder Tom; taking care of this today...departure tomorrow for the slow roll way northeast, staying out front of "possible" wet Issac, at least till Gaspe region about next Thursday. Cant be worse than last years " 2 week before"...can it?
Will be joining MOA 2011 & 2012 Tour Award winner (North America & International)
Ron "go-more"...I'm still not home from Sedalia/euro-tour Clark; Sunday after the BMW Motorrad Canada event.
Hope to see you at Larry's River following Sunday.
Travel'in John.... lower 48 aka
Three Bowl .... Salty aka
:usa

Last edited:
Bob,:wave
If (when) you have time post the recommended way to get into Larry's River (by land). Last year I came in along Rt316, it looked good on the map, but I know that you had recommended another way. Good news was that last year nothing important rattled off the bike and I had fun (kind of) trying to avoid the frost heaves..

Bob,:wave
If (when) you have time post the recommended way to get into Larry's River (by land). Last year I came in along Rt316, it looked good on the map, but I know that you had recommended another way. Good news was that last year nothing important rattled off the bike and I had fun (kind of) trying to avoid the frost heaves..

sent to your regular email address. ya, some bumps in a few places :hungover. - Bob

The long range weather forecast is promising grand weather for the rally. Like most places, we certainly need the rain but for this gig the sun is welcome. Temps also look great. No heat gripes here eh. 11 days until day one and 10 days until the Early Arrival gathering :clap - Bob

Thanks for posting that Tom...... but as you remember, it all had a humble beginning. This is our fifth year (with one member making it to all five :thumb).

Your remember this first day Tom?

0823SaltyFog079.jpg

(The house was still in the middle of the Reno Blues!!)

0823SaltyFog0832.jpg

... and, of course, my 'co conspirator' in this whole venture.....

0823SaltyFog128-1.jpg

........and our original setup was pretty basic compared to now...

0823SaltyFog086.jpg

... and Mary has made all of the hosting complexities come together splendidly over the whole time..... even though she thought Paul and I had the craziest of ideas being cooked :laugh

0823SaltyFog084.jpg

Enough Memory Lane; one week until Salty Fog Riders Rally 2012.... year 5 :dance - Bob

John, at John's Village Grocery (and one of our most enthusiastic supporters), looks forward to meeting Salty Fog participants again this year. If you can't find it at John's.... you don't need it !

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2011: PA Bob with John

BobsPictures004.jpg

John 'taking care of business'

BobsPictures749.jpg

Stay tuned for the Ride Report for the 2012 Salty Fog Riders Rally !! - Bob

Back