• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Why sedalia?

LuckyOne

The good you do goes on.
No criticism intended but why Sedelia? I've been asked this by two friends new to riding BMW's and am at a loss for an explanation.

We live in the KC metro area and also wondered why there aren't day passes for those who want to stop by for a few hours.

Anyone?

Short answer, the facility is perfect for our type of event. There are no day passes because the MOA has a long standing policy of a single event fee. The attendee then decides how many days they choose to attend.

Hope to see you in Sedalia.

I'm happy with the choice. I use rallies as excuses to visit places I'm interested in riding. Sometimes it's the destination and sometimes it's the journey. I've long wanted to ride the Ozarks and Oachitas. Now I have a reason to make the trip. Oh, and I'll see plenty of PA, WV, VA, TN, KY and AR on the way!

I see you're riding from KC. Have you thought about riding to Sedalia via Roanoke VA?

Pete

Sedelia

Am I wild about going to Sedelia? No. Am I going to have fun getting there and fun once I get there? Yes. I am going to ride the BRP. Visit 3 cities I have never been too(Asheville, Nashville, and Memphis). Some great mountain riding along the way. I know it's going to be hot so don't remind me. PA didn't kill me last year, and I will live this year.

Ken Denton

Fee is minimal:)

Even for a day, you get you dollars worth. Its not a small affair and a day is usually not enough anyway. Just the entertainment alone is a MOBIGGA bargain:). Please come for the day, stay into the night, enjoy yourself. You'll not be disappointed at 35-40$...Spend the 100$ and get a chance at a new bike(12 of'em), included is the rally entrance fee:). This may be ending, so better act real quick on this givaway...I'm not gonna fool ya, either. Some are not going to enjoy this, but you'd be in a very tiny minority! Best to ya, Randy:thumb

For me it's the opposite way, up to Oshkosh for AirVenture after Sedalia then a ride around the lake to the UP down through family history areas in Travers City, St. Johns and Tecumseh before heading South to Blairsville.

Because

The James Gang used to work in the hood, and I don't remember what it is like to ride in the dark. Got the Kitchen Pass, and will leave Fairbanks the 5th or 6th. After the rally Key West is on the agenda. I forgot what HOT was to but I'll drink Gallons of water, and remember.

Nice;

From Alaska! Thats a neat trip. I rode the Keys about 40 years ago and it was not too bad. The trade winds really help near the water. See ya in Sedalia. Oark first:). Randy

At the risk of repeating many truisms, Some feel that the rally will be a bust if the location isn't in the midst of challenging mountain roads. Some feel that if there aren't many exciting tourist attractions in the area outside the rally grounds it will be dull. Some seem to get their jollies complaining.

I remember the Wyoming Rally...The whining & complaining about the location etc on this forum were hot & heavy. I thought the rally was great & glad that I had attended.

The ride to the rally is always a treat for me. I suppose that since I enjoy being at the rally this makes sense. All the better if the rally is somewhere that I have never been before (at least on the machine). I'm not overly social at the rally, but I always seem to find people to talk to about my love of motorcycling the MOA and our BMW machines. I feel a sort of electricity in the air.. this is the real deal. I have only stayed on the grounds in my tent, also the real deal to my way of thinking.

I've missed too many of these gatherings and with the clock ticking year by year I hope to not miss any more of them. And it has to be held somewhere!

(A few more showers would be nice too)

S.c.!

Alert today in SC, 109F, ouch!!!! Most of the S. is doing poorly this week in heat. ME TOO, cannot afford to miss many more, growing older:). 60 in a month+. Hope ya'll getting through the Summer dulldrums of HEAT back there this week.... Randy:thumb

Paul and I rode 250 miles before 10:30 AM this morning. Very pleasant. As is the air conditioning we're enjoying now!

See you in Sedalia. EARLY!

Voni
sMiling

If you believe and long range forecasts (and I want to believe) the heat will break before the rally. It shows highs in the high 80s and low 90s and lows between 70 and high 60s.

Yeah:)

You don't have a wife named Dorothy do ya? I wanna believe. Pleasant thoughts, hoping the weather guys may get it right. How nice would that be. Hope to see ya soon. Being Kansas and all, I couldn't help it.:stick:thumb

Back