• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The GS Giant's Dualsport Dayrides - 2012

Visian

look out!!!
Thought this deserved it's own thread, so as not to get lost in the cacophony of GS BS going down in the GS Giant's Adventure Summit thread. :ha

BIG :clap to Ajayhawkfan, aka Eddie McLiney of the KC Club (and, of course, the GS Giants :nod ) who put most of these rides together.

All rides are designed for easy, pleasant, no-drama adventure riding. The "hard" routes are hard because they go to nearby OHV areas, which offer a range of challenges from simple dirt trails to bust-your-butt single-track.

Each GPS route links to a zip file, and in the zip are two GPS routes... a Garmin .GDB and a generic .GPX. Each Printable Map links to a PDF that you can print or copy to your super-cool iPad. :D

THANK YOU EDDIE!!!!!

Easy Day Ride 1 GPS Route and Printable Map
Nice sweepers and interesting gravel roads - 112 miles

Easy Day Ride 2 GPS Route and Printable Map
Rolling farmland with a stop at the historic Osage Village - 223 miles

Easy Day Ride 3 GPS Route and Printable Map
North of the rally, excellent countryside - 233 miles

Easy Day Ride 4 GPS Route and Printable Map
Some scenic gravel road riding southeast of the rally - 77 miles

Easy Day Ride 5 GPS Route and Printable Map

A visit to Arrow Rock State Park northeast of the rally - 80 miles

Hard Day Ride 1 GPS Route and Printable Map
A guided ride will be led by the BMW Performance Center, departing from the GS GiantÔÇÖs Adventure Track on Thursday @ 9am The ride goes to the Cooper Creek ATV area, which is fairly close to the rally. ItÔÇÖs not that hard.

Hard Day Ride 2 GPS Route and Printable Map

This is a self-led ride that takes in the Finger Lakes ATV area, which is what qualifies it as hard. And itÔÇÖs really not that hard unless itÔÇÖs rained. If you donÔÇÖt ride the ATV area, itÔÇÖs an easy ride and a good one.

The DevilÔÇÖs Elbow Ride GPS Route only
234 miles, 
Be sure to stop at the Elbow Inn.

Missouri Historic Towns GPS Route only - 144 miles

Missouri River Ride GPS Route only - 181 miles

Civil War Rides - GPS Routes only - two different rides, 200 miles-ish

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT GPS ROUTES: These are not perfect, expect the unexpected. Road conditions may have changed, and you should carefully consider your skills and the condition of your motorcycle prior to riding these roads. You follow these routes and maps at your own risk.

Ian and all Giants,

It was my pleasure to help. My career has allowed me to travel MO's back-roads for 30 years. Most of my meetings are held in the evening giving me time to explore during the day. Dual sport riding allows me to connect those places of interest (waypoints) with the roads only the locals know.

Missouri is a beautiful state that has something for everyone. I enjoyed helping people discover the State.

If anyone has questions about the routes please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also if there is something you have a particular interest let me know. I might be able to help you find it.

This is my first major BMW Rally. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Eddie

PS, When will I be considered a Giant? :scratch

Thanks Eddie:)

I studied a couple already, WELL done, atta boy! I would assume some of these are covered bridges and swing'in bridges too involved? Saw some very neat pictures already on the other posts here. I want to find some of that:). Thanks to ALL others too, Visian/Tracy and Midwest GS/GSAers putting this all together. I am far, but love your work. This all makes the ride seem so much shorter getting there, anticipating all the FUN...Randy:thumb

Many thanks to ajayhawkfan and Visian for these routes. I've just imported them into Garmin Roadtrip. They will make for some fun riding in the Show Me state.

WORKerbees:)

You're in her Labor force:) Queens are not too forgiving, taking heads, ouch! Naw, Tracy is a cool customer, I can't really see that in her. She has/had a cool Blue GS1200, so we'll all meet again soon. I may have some good news, seeing my Doc on Thursday:), giving me some neck relief. Later, as I count my days very carefully...Randy:thumb

Here's a look at the first easy dayride... 112 miles over a very nice selection of gravel roads and yes... a couple of twisties. Well, ok, maybe more like sweepers....

<iframe src="http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1394212/embed" height="500px" width="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Just TOO cool;

I'm not missing this event for noth'in. I posted already at the other GS thread, but I'm out a here come Sunday, giving me lots of rest time on the road. Another GSA rider joins me:). Ya'll sure given me a lot of adrenaline, wanting to be there. I actually need it:). Riding is in me deep, so I come again, far as I can and thats OARK for me. Give me a buzz, no computer on the road. I Phone#559-288-2555. I'd love the support getting there, may need it:). Randy:dance:thumb

I'm not missing this event for noth'in. I posted already at the other GS thread, but I'm out a here come Sunday, giving me lots of rest time on the road. Another GSA rider joins me:). Ya'll sure given me a lot of adrenaline, wanting to be there. I actually need it:). Riding is in me deep, so I come again, far as I can and thats OARK for me. Give me a buzz, no computer on the road. I Phone#559-288-2555. I'd love the support getting there, may need it:). Randy:dance:thumb

Have a fun safe trip. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon.

Eddie

Packing:)

Bike sits at the gate, all posed to leap forward. Just add all my stuff on board:). Just found my GSGiant2011 Armband from last year:). Burried in my Jesse trunk. Amazing, that thing is like trap, collects stuff you don't see again for a while. Must clean out the GSA trunk more often:). Randy

Thank you for all the hard work putting this together. This is my first rally, my first GS Giant and the routes will let me explore the western half of the state both during the rally and afterwards.

Great work!

Last post:)

I'm road warrior again, early AM Sunday. Maybe see some of ya in PaoniaCO. soon, if not surely Oark:). All of ya be well, go on a pre rally diet, as Oark may not be a weight watchers kind a place:). PIES still? Later my fiends. Randy:thumb

Back