• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, New York from Massachusette

kz1000ken

Taking the RT on a little ride to Maryland, via Cleveland, and hope to do a pass through West Virginia. Im leaving Monday morning and coming back 7 days later. Hope to spend a couple days in Berea Ohio with fellow MOA Riders Cy Ubinger and Donna, and then Saturday down to Maryland for a Cookout. Hope to attend the BMW Riders of Metropolitan Washingtons swap meet and breakfast on Sunday morning

Here is my rough plan. Any thoughts or suggestions?

http://goo.gl/maps/mjQk

Its gonna be hot, I'll be hydrating as much as possible, and I hope to ride in the woods / mountains a lot. Bringing a tent but may also camp at the Holiday Inn..

-Ken

Have ridden virtually all the routes you plan to take....you will have a great trip.

Agree on Route 800 in Ohio, it is a great road - kind of like the Ohio Tail of the Dragon...we keep it a secret, so it is not crowed. Watch for Amish buggies and horse exhaust. Once you get to Canton, you may as well jump on I-77 to get to Cleveland.

Another option is to pick up Route 250 in Wheeling. It meets with 800 in Uhrichsville.
It is not quite as twisty as 800, but is still a designated scenic route in Ohio. The village of Cadiz, Ohio is the hometown of actor Clark Gable and there is a museum run by the Clark Gable Foundation.

Back