• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

From the South

layton

Layton
We are riding up from NW Arkansas. We have to take the slab to Joplin I think. What are some good two lane roads from there to the rally. We are taking the airheads and like to stay away from the slabs.

What day are you coming up?

North out of Joplin on 43 to 54. 54 east thru Nevada to 83. 83 to 65. Nice easy 2 lane

For fun, get on 90 just over the border. Starting at Noel is best, but Jane just east of 540 is fine. Jame has a small dam on little sugar creek it is usually pretty clean, if you want a quick dip.

90 to 37

37 to 76
76 to 39

39 will run you up to 54

then same route. More miles. 76 and 90 are really nice roads, on 76 there are a few decreasing radius. Some turns are 25MPH suggested so you can actually use the side of the tires.

If it is extreme heat I find these roads to tiring, so choice would be influenced by weather.

Last edited:
We will either ride tuesday night late or leave early wednesday morning . we are voulenteering wed and thur. so we have to be there by 6 and have our tent set up.

By the first route you can make before noon from Joplin and have time for breakfast and a break to hydrate. After 10 it is getting very hot. Only good thing is humidity is low by Missouri standards. if you are camping, there is

http://www.visitmo.com/zans-creekside-campground.aspx

I ride by this campground often, it looks busy and good. Shoal creek is one of he few you would want to swim in around here.

The second route you can get a motel in Bentonville. area. That one in the heat would be about a 6 hour easy ride.
Rod

Back