• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

gps sun shade/visor?

the Wizard of Oz
I've recently added a Zumo 550 to my R1100RT. I have it mounted underneath the accessory shelf so there's a small hint of something like shade, but I still can't really see the screen in sunlight.

I've seen guys with gps on their bikes and an added wrap-around (top and two sides) sun visor of a size big enough to do the trick.

What I haven't seen is where i could buy one similar.

thanx in advance

thanx!

Thanx for the help. Just purchased the glarestomper for about $16. reviews on their site say it works.

one FS

just got mine...actually I received TWO. anybody interested? Same $ as retail...about $16 I believe.

I have the Robins Hood on my Zumo 660. They make it for the 550:

http://www.priushood.com/garmin-zumo-550-sun-visor-cus550.html ??

It works. You need to stick hook and loop around your unit.

However, I find that to follow indications on a GPS at speed is very distracting, and could be dangerous. This why, even if the hood gelps cut the glare, I ony rely on audio instructions via Bluetooth through my Sena SMH-10 on the road.

GPS Shade

+1 on the Robin's Hood shade, I have one on my Zumo 665 and it works great,
it can be a bit of a space problem in a tank bag, but it is unaffected by the wind.
Good product, reasonable price for what you're getting.

bought the glarestomper and it works a treat. kinda "suprisingly well," actually.
But thanx for the thought on the other product. I'm
sure somebody will take your advice

If you have a glarestomper, run some solid copper wire around the rim, inside the seam to stiffen the thing up. Big improvement.

Back