• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Weather looking good so far: 30 day forecast

Eeeeek:(

106 in Sedalia? Thats an oven. Rode through there on our way to Lima,Ohio a few years back and MO. was all over the 100mark,ugly. I pray the rally isn't another burner. On our KLT1200 that year, we found stopping for cool breaks/drinking a lot, turned out to be "so more" frequent, but needed. Last year, riding across Kansas, I hit 114f on US50 and I thought i'd died on the GSA1200. Couldn't drink enough! By the time I hit Garden City,KS. a storm blew in, dropped to 75f in two miles from 109f. Wow, storms cool things off quickly:). Was I relieved:). Anyhow, riding through middle America(Summertime) has its challenges. Know your ability and water intake should be scheduled WISELY:). Randy

I live in NW Arkansas and it has been really hot. 103 today. I'm expecting it to be hot and humid at the rally. But is is 350 miles north of here. We will ride it in one day this year. A friend and myself are going to ride the old R bikes He has a 1970 R75/5 with a sidecar and I have an 78 R80RT. Hot and muggy is what i'm expecting. But after a day or so i'm pretty used to it. Drink plenty of water and take lots of breaks.If ya come through Arkansas take your time. We have some beautiful country here.

I'm out this yr. no more 100+ for me & now tornados .............. good luck to all :thumb
Don't forget your red shoes & your little dog too....

After last year, I bought a battery operated tent fan to bring along. It's a little bulkier than I'd like, but it should do the trick. Looking forward to another great time!

Will there be ICE for sale at the rally. A ziplock bag of ice wrapped in a few old shirts is nice to cuddle with when the temp is 90 at 11 in the evening.

Rod

I live in NW Arkansas and it has been really hot. 103 today. I'm expecting it to be hot and humid at the rally. But is is 350 miles north of here. We will ride it in one day this year. A friend and myself are going to ride the old R bikes He has a 1970 R75/5 with a sidecar and I have an 78 R80RT. Hot and muggy is what i'm expecting. But after a day or so i'm pretty used to it. Drink plenty of water and take lots of breaks.If ya come through Arkansas take your time. We have some beautiful country here.

This!

heard that heat can be hard on older folks :whistle We're going to the kitchen ..... heat and all... no rockin' chair here. And, Arkansas (Layton).... we look forward to riding slow through some time because we have not, so far (well, not to do it any justice). - Bob

After last year, I bought a battery operated tent fan to bring along. It's a little bulkier than I'd like, but it should do the trick. Looking forward to another great time!

I did the same thing, plus bought a small set of saddlebags for Barley. I figure if the heat is too much for him I'll put a couple of ziplock bags of ice water in each pouch and let him carry his own AC. And we carry lots of water!

Already 93 degrees in Sedalia this morning at 9am, predicted high is 105. Sure hope it isn't like this in 2 weeks. I don't mind hanging around the rally in the heat; but I do mind riding 2000 miles ATGATT in leathers in temps above 90.

Too hot even to jet ski today. :brow

No big deal

I survived last year; this year will be no problem. Those Coleman tent ceiling fans are the way to go. My 4 D cell batteries lasted all week.

Oh yeah....just got home from Bass Pro Shop after picking up my D-cell Coleman fan. I tried it out and am impressed with the output. As long as it's within arms reach it'll provide a gentle breeze. This will make a big difference if nights are warm.

Back