• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

c650GT when?

You mean the new BMW scooters? Official US dealer launch is Oct of this year. Should be at some US dealers by Nov or Dec of this year.

BMW says the first scooters will be delivered to European customers in July (see news here). They're still saying fall 2012 for the US and other overseas markets but that's vague enough I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed into winter or later.

C650 scooter

Well I read the French post about the July 14th kickoff. No telling when we will see them in the US. What grits my teeth is they keep dancing around the final drive failure of the o-ring chain running in oil. Really hi-tech. They shut down production but nobody is saying what they have done about the problem. They could go with a pulley and belt. It would have been too simple to just copy the Burgman system that actually works. I also hope that,as reported, the suspension is premium which is what I am looking for. The Burgmans don't have it,IMO. :violin

After 5 years

with a Burgman, anyone hoping to build a better bike really has their work cut out for them. More reliable than an anvil too. A superb product in every way.

Friend of mine does LD rides on a Silverwing. He said that the burgmans are a bitch to work on. Also the BMW has TPM and a heated seat. If it only had TC it would be perfect.

They had both styles at the IMS show in NY this past January. Real nice scooters for sure with a pretty good amount of storage. Felt pretty comfy too and didn't seem as heavy as a 650 Bergman. Look forward for a test ride.

Drive question?

I was just going to ask its drive train! Saw it here, so I guess its a chain in oil bath? That seems decades old an idea! I would have thought the belt drive would be far superior. Unless they've done a remarkable job sealing that oil bath housing, its a nightmare of leaks forthcoming. Sure looks nice, this new scooter and has my interest:). I sure hope its a 70mpg rig, or thereabouts. IF hat thing doesn't perform in that category(mpg's) its junk,imo....Randy:thumb

Back