• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Arthritic hand relief

I thought the reason BMWs were so popular with older riders was because BMW provides heated grips for the arthritic demographic??
Now available on the SS1000RR. Simultaneous mental AND physical therapy!

:stick

Larry

And the good news is that not only do my OGB's allow the heat to penetrate through to your hands, but they also seem to "concentrate" the heat and "capture' it so it doesn't dissipate so easily in the rush of cool/cold air moving by. Also, they don't soak up water like some of the other un-named products out there.

Best,

Dave R.

I'm a guy thats had CTS release surgery & I post this every so often: Whta helps me-(I have short fingers too) -I wear glove liners under my leather gloves-buy @ Dick's sporting goods or similar-polypropylene liners as skiers wear,etc. they perform the same function as a wicking t-shirt or underwear plus they isolate vibration from your hands. Makes for a comfy feel too. Learn to ride with a somewhat loose grip while maintaining control. No, I don't use grip heaters unless its reaL COLD. Anything that enlargens the grip works against me. Practice doing "finger stretches & exercises" as you ride long distances. If you have symptoms for CTS wear the wrist splints when you sleep! Cheaper on ebay. I bought the CTS gloves @ TN rally but like the ebay elcheapos I have & will wear until they fall off my hands. When they are gone I'll switch to deerskin work gloves. Anybody want a new pair of the CTS gloves-designed by a hand doc!? There OK, just not my faves.

I used some of that rubber "Super Tape" that they sell for hose repairs. It's tacky enough to provide a good grip. I used it to cover some neoprene grip covers that I had customized. I found that a fat section under the palm of may hands takes the pressure off of the inner and outer edges of my hands (which is where the nerves are).

My Bemmer Buddies arrived today. Very quick on the shipping. They are installed and fit perfectly, and the quality is very good. I will update after I get a chance to take a ride and see how they help with the numbness in my throttle hand. :dance

Back