• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Headed to Portland OR from Austin

tthouses

capt. paul
Can anyone suggest a place around Bryce Canyon, Yosemite, Sequoia, Joshua, and points along the Oregon, California Coast (down to San Fran) for good camping spots? Seems as most of the national parks/state parks will be full and looking for options. Or other suggestions?

Plan is across Texas (escape velocity just to get out) West to Lordsburg- Globe AZ- Theodore Rossevelt Lake- Bryce Canyon- Great Basin NP-Crater Lake- Bend- Portland- Oregon West Coast and south on 101 to RT 1 PCH to San Fran

San Fran- Yosemite- Sequoia NP- Joshua Tree NP- on back to Austin

One month with stops in Portland, SF

Thanks
Paul V
Austin TX
R1150GS

tthousesaustin@gmail.com

In California, many of the County Fairgrounds have very nice camping sites at very reasonable costs. You normally can look them up on the internet.

I can tell you a place to avoid if it is windy. West from Salt Lake Ciy to the Bonneville Salt Flats on the Nevada/Utah border. I drove there with gust to 50mph and was grateful to finish. Worst ride of my life. Go north from Salt Lake City if there are any winds.

Back