• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Calling all ESA bike owners... need your experience..

K1600_gtl

Ok, so I have this nice new R1200R, I didn't really seek out a bike with ESA but the one I found happened to have it... I honestly am having a hard time figuring out what to do with it.. I don't really ride 2up much but that's sorta easy to understand.. The big question for me is what am I giving up in terms of handling (and safety by extension) when I go from Comfort to Normal and Sport? What exactly are the recommended parameters for this?

I did a search for ESA and surprisingly found nothing, which probably means I did it wrong but I'm not sure what else to try..

I'd love to hear how you all use your ESA, especially those of you with R bikes...

I know I can feel the difference, especially between comfort & the other 2. I go sport when in the twisties, comfort when on the slab & normal when I am everywhere else, or in the twisties at a slower pace.

When the budget allows it, I will be ditching ESA for Ohlins. As a stop gap measure I may have RaceTech revalve the ESA (yes they can!)

Back