• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dinner in Marathon, Ontario

Been to Marathon before?? I don't claim to know the place well, have stopped through five or six times.

I'd be at the A&W in the mall and call it a night:dance

But be sure to check out Pebble Beach....its through town and on the shore of Superior. You park up top and walk down to the water, the beach is all smooth rocks, bowling ball size and smaller. Kinda neat...

And if you are ever camping this neck of the world, many amongst my posse feel that nearby Neys Provincial Park is one of the best. World class beaches and old growth camp sites.

ps...a quick search says there are 16 places to eat in Marathon!!! I feel even less informed on the place.

pps....I was there on the bike last summer. You gotta get the song by Tom Cochrane (Canadian musician BTW) called Big League. About a young hockey star who dies young. But one line just shouts Marathon and many places like it on your trip.......

"Only two ways out of these cold northern towns, you work in the mill and get laid in the ground. But if you get a chance it will be with the game..."

not much from what i remember

I've only stayed there once on our trips around lake superior, after that we changed our overnight stop to Wawa.

Biked through Marathon and stayed overnight 2 years ago. Had a terrific dinner at the Royal Canadian Legion. Extremely friendly people!

Back