• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Supper Club in Madison, WI

Bradkap

Going to be riding through Madison, WI end of July. We will stop for the night. Any recommendations on a Supper Club or Friday Fish Fry/Boil ?

Essen Haus for German food. Near the capitol square/central madison. Where are you staying, east/west or center of town?

steak houses

I was at Smokeys a few years ago, and it was good, but expensive.
The decor also changed from college centric to evangelical call it what ever you want.

Tornado is always good.
Johnny's Italian Italian Steak House on the west side is good, near the Marrioott, holday Inn, and so forth. The food is rich, but if you pack Depends in your panniers you will be OK.

For a one time shot to WI, I would go to the "Old Fashioned". Terrific food, and drink. They took recipes from small town taverns, saloons, and restaurants, over the last 50 years and re-produce them-meat, fish, mac and cheese with hungarian sausages, outstanding salads, and I am ready to go.. Ever have mashed potatoes with carmelized apples? My son and I have been there 25 times. By the way, the old fashions are made with Makers Mark Bourbon. It is located down town.

But you know the drill about drinking and riding so you can choose for yourself.

Was at Smokeys last fall, it has changed hands. It was the worst steak I have ever had! Not like it use to be. The Tornado near the square was well worth the money and service was excellent. Now Smokey John's the BBQ Joint is hand downs one of the best BBQ spots in the midwest.

Back