• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How early can I setup camp?

wvcajun

Certified Speed Freak
I am working on the assumption that Thur 7/21 is the early registration day if one is not helping with setting up Beemerville. How early on Thur morning can I register and set up my tent? I want to go over to the laps and lunch, but I want to unload all my gear 1st. I have to work until 4:30 Wed. Any suggestions?

wvcajun

Take it off at the track

If you want to tazke off the gear for the laps and lunch, I am sure you can find a place to put it at the track. You will find that no one will bother it while you do the ride.
Someone told me once that they wouldnt be afraid to leave their wallet on the seat of their bike a a BMW rally. If it was missing, it would probably be in the lost and found.
It will be only beemer riders in the pit areas I am sure.

wvcajun said:
I am working on the assumption that Thur 7/21 is the early registration day if one is not helping with setting up Beemerville. How early on Thur morning can I register and set up my tent? I want to go over to the laps and lunch, but I want to unload all my gear 1st. I have to work until 4:30 Wed.

Registration opens at 8 AM on Thursday, and it will be MADNESS. Patience is a virtue for people at registration on Thursday morning.

I would recommend that you try to arrive at Beemerville on Wednesday after work, or just ride straight to the track on Thursday and register afterwards.

Sue

If I want to arrive early and set up on Wednesday, don't I need to sign up to be a volunteer? And what time can volunteers begin setting up their tents on Wednesday? Thanks.
Been sitting down with a map for the last couple of hours planning my 6 week vacation which ends at Beemerville. :thumb

Doug Roorda
99 K1200LT
03 Ducati Monster 800Si.e.

Last edited:
On Volunteering and coming in early

tnk12lt said:
If I want to arrive early and set up on Wednesday, don't I need to sign up to be a volunteer?

Here is the long and the short of it.

The long answer is that we will need several thousand man-hours of volunteer time to run the national rally. We would prefer that everyone who takes advantage of arriving on Wednesday and setting up camp, would step up to the plate and volunteer somewhere at the rally.

Without the assistance of all of the volunteers, this rally would be 4 times as expensive and not nearly as much fun. BUT -- last year we learned that people who sign-up at the gate just to gain early admission, are njot necessarily honorable enough to actually work at the shift they signed up for.

However -- and here is the short answer: We won't make anyone turn around and go away if they don't volunteer.

Where can you sign up? Bouncin' Bob is the guy. He can hook you up with something you will enjoy, and your contribution will be appreciated by all of us.

Volunteer HERE

Back