• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2010 R1200RT Torque settings, Front discs?

drw2ge

BMW FanBoi
Maybe I missed this somewhere... but I bent my front rim and the shop that will fix it, wants me to bring in the rim, sans tire and brake discs... When I re-install the discs, Torque settings? and anti-seize or not?

TIA

The torque for the disc should be in the reprom - i will check later unless someone posts

Second when you remove the disc PREHEAT the bolts with a hair dryer on high - this will help is the removal due to the epoxy they use in the factory

Very easy to do

found this while searching - but not corroberated via a manual

Initial torque in a diagonally opposite sequence - 15Nm, final torque - 30Nm.

Factory is Locktite:)

They use it in several places on new bikes. The brakes is one. Heat is a good idea, but most come loose without issue. I just tighten mine REAL good, without torque tool and IF you have any issue about your ability to get it proper, USE the tool:). BTW, I never use locktite going back on. You may or may not and if so, BLUE Locktite only. I love the stuff, as I do use it in many other areas and it saves much trouble losing bolts/nuts:). Randy:thumb

They use it in several places on new bikes. The brakes is one. Heat is a good idea, but most come loose without issue. I just tighten mine REAL good, without torque tool and IF you have any issue about your ability to get it proper, USE the tool:). BTW, I never use locktite going back on. You may or may not and if so, BLUE Locktite only. I love the stuff, as I do use it in many other areas and it saves much trouble losing bolts/nuts:). Randy:thumb

So I shouldn't use the RED? :)

(I'm a big fan of Loctite myself..., blue or sometimes Green)

While at it, I wonder if using Loctite changes the "torque" that the bolt truly receives? (ala using anti-sieze)

When I removed my discs (which I didn't have to - different story) they were a real bear.

When putting discs back on I was super anal retentive and bought factory bolts which have the material per-applied

I think you can probably re-use and then torque to spec :lurk

Back