Thread: Where's the seat belt?

Thumbs up Where's the seat belt?

Hello everyone, I'm a new member in Connecticut, and a new BMW R1200GS Rallye Edition owner.

Ah sleep , something that I haven't done since I put a deposit on her, but finally traded in my Triumph Street Triple for the R1200GS Rallye Edition today.

I'd been without a bike for 15 years, and then in 2011 test drove many bikes includng F800R and an R1200R, but they didn't make me bite, so I got the Triumph and put 16,000 miles on her since 4/9/2011. It was a great re-introduction to riding; which included an Iron Butt, Deal's Gap, and many other adventures.

I'd thought I might get a bigger bike this year, and didn't have much choice in the matter as I kept looking at them LOL. So I test drove a R1200GS a couple of weeks ago, got off the bike and knew it was my next motorcycle, and that was that .

Pre-Flight!

Is that an engine or a sewing machine?

Nice tank!

In the hanger...

MCNews (for the record)

Why can't I sleep?
    I can't believe I didn't do this last year! What an amazing motorcycle!
    Cheers!

It looks amazing! Congratulations on the purchase.

NICE! Congrats and welcome. Let the additions begin. So far on Heidi, Wunderlich ERGO Vario screen, Touratech Locking Windscreen Spoiler, 3 Ram Mounts (Go Pro Hero, iPhone, Zumo 660), Power Commander, Sargent Seats, CeeBailey Headlight Protector. Working on more. Cheers.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the Forum.

Looking forward to your ride reports with pictures of a DIRTY GS.
    Ride Well

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Sweet! Have fun, ride safe and welcome to the forum. Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Great looking bike, love the red frame! Good luck with it and welcome to the forum. What part of CT are you in? I do a lot of riding up in the northwest corner of the state between Sharon, Kent and Litchfield.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

Nice Bike

Great bike for CT roads. I am in the eastern beach area.

Intermediate Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    A SWEEEEEET looking machine!

But you know....a clean GS is a dirty shame! Any interest in coming to play with us on the GS Giant Gypsy Tour in a few weeks? Click here for a teaser! GSG Adventure Summit

Thumbs up I hope it was fun, maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    A SWEEEEEET looking machine!

But you know....a clean GS is a dirty shame! Any interest in coming to play with us on the GS Giant Gypsy Tour in a few weeks? Click here for a teaser! GSG Adventure Summit
    I'll keep this tagged for next year.

Thanks for the comments everyone, the bike is a huge thumbs up!

Thumbs up I'm up that way all the time (not enought this year)

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Great looking bike, love the red frame! Good luck with it and welcome to the forum. What part of CT are you in? I do a lot of riding up in the northwest corner of the state between Sharon, Kent and Litchfield.
    I love coffee in Kent

Thumbs up Farkles!

Is it dirty enough that I Farkle?

MachineArt Moto Mudslinger, Avante, and Hexhead guards, Wunderlich frame guards (boot protectors), Wunderlich Lever Guard (paralever crash bar), Wunderlich oil cooler guard, BMW headlight guard, Touratech steering stop, HyperPro Steering Damper, Kaoko throttle lock, Adaptiv Radar, Schuberth World Edition C3 helmet (white) w/Bluetooth neck insert (works great with Nav IV and it's 32gb media card I filled with music).

Wunderlich Hepco & Becker crash bars (used to be Rallye Red but had a 0mph tumble and powder coated them black LOL). This bike is unforgiving at low speed awkward stops. Glad I had em or other things wouldn't still looks so nice!, and the bars didn't match the subframe perfectly anyway.

Still deciding on lighting & footpegs. Ohlin's upgrade next year, maybe a power commander, possibly exhaust but I love the quiet this bike offers as is

To carbon fiber the heck out of it or not to carbon fiber the heck out of it, that is the question

3700 miles and counting!