• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from the Ozarks

B

Bug Dr.

Hello,
I purchased a 2012 RT back in March and I'm just getting around to joining this forum. I've been riding a Honda ST 1300 for the past four years and decided to try the RT for increased creature comforts. I'm not getting any younger and I like creature comforts on long trips but still am young enough to enjoy the sport side of sport-touring. Typically, I ride 15K - 20K miles per year and always want to up these numbers.

Me and a buddy are heading west at the end of this month so I've ordered the BMR rack and Illium foot pegs. I haven't received either so I can't comment on quality/comfort as of yet but I will be happy to report on both after my trip. We camp when we travel so I am guessing the rack will come in quite handy on the trip.

Most of my forum activities are still on ST-Owners.com as I have met some great people that are like family over there. I know what an asset a good forum community can be for specific brands and I will probably have questions about my RT from time to time. I look forward to participating in gatherings with the BMW Owners as a BMW owner. In 2009, I attended the BMW Bash at The Hub (with my ST) and rode with some Memphis and Cape Girardeau riders over to the Oark General Store.

I put my information in The Book so if you are passing through Russellville, Ar give me a shout. I can point you in the direction of pretty good roads.
Mike

Welcome to the forum and the brand. I hope you find this community up to your level of expectations...good people here!

Nice country in the Ozarks! I've stayed overnight in Russellville at least once before...making that run up Hwy 7 from Hot Springs. I really like western Arkansas.

It's a hop-skip-jump to Sedalia, MO, for this year's National Rally. Maybe see you there!

Welcome. Hope the new bike exceeds your expectations.

Look forward to hearing how it all turns out.

Too bad you have such twisty roads to ride. :D

Back