• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Givi E 55 topcase help

Bud

It is what it is.
The handle is supposed to pop up when the key is turned to the right. But mine doesn't. If I press the handle it opens the case.

But I have no way to carry it once off the bike.

Any suggestions?

That's a head scratcher.

I just went out to the garage and turned the key to the right - handle popped out - then pressed the big black button and my Givi 55 released from its mount, handle at the ready.

Good luck with this problem. :scratch

I have two of these (2 bikes) and one of them did this at first I kept working it over and over and finally it popped once although barely. It still won't always open in cold weather - might be a fit/finish thing with yours kind of like mine. Good luck.

That's a head scratcher.

I just went out to the garage and turned the key to the right - handle popped out - then pressed the big black button and my Givi 55 released from its mount, handle at the ready.

Good luck with this problem. :scratch

Hi Kevin,

:wave

Wanna trade????? :kiss

I have two of these (2 bikes) and one of them did this at first I kept working it over and over and finally it popped once although barely. It still won't always open in cold weather - might be a fit/finish thing with yours kind of like mine. Good luck.

Thanks Ken. It was off the bike when I bought it as there was also a Givi Traffic bag attached to the mount. I mounted the 55 on the bike and closed the handle. That's when I found out it wouldn't pop back out.

Hopefully there is a solution?

There maybe something wrapped up in the inside mechanism, piece of clothes, etc. I have to be careful there is nothing interfering with the latch inside before closing it

There maybe something wrapped up in the inside mechanism, piece of clothes, etc. I have to be careful there is nothing interfering with the latch inside before closing it

Thanks for the suggestion.

It opens and closes just fine with no problems or binding. What it will not do is release the handle so that I can carry the bag by the handle.

So I took it apart today.

It seems that it will open if I put a lot of pressure on the key after turning it all the way to the right where it feels like it shouldn't go any more.

Didn't seem to be any way to adjust it to open sooner.

But at leats it will open. :thumb

Back