• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I live fairly near Sedalia - if anyone needs anything

G

gbrickell

Hello, all.

Didn't know if there is a thread for "I live near the Rally" people. If so, please let me know.

Sedalia is only roughly 60 or 70 miles from the SE side of metro Kansas City, where I live. I live in a suburb called Lee's Summit if you want to check Google maps or the like. Right along Highway 50, which takes you right to Sedalia. Probably about an hour's ride or thereabouts, and as far as KC goes, the most convenient part of town for heading to Sedalia.

My house is about 5 minutes off Highway 50.

I have a 2 year old and wife, so I can't have 20 people stay over like a bunkhouse, but I can offer some support to those who might be nearby for the rally. My back yard would be available so that a couple folks could set up a tent there, and I'd be happy to let you shower in my house within reason. It's a pretty small back yard, so a major party going on all night would probably peeve the neighbors, but if you just needed a place to pitch a tent for free and take a shower, I can help you out. Maybe you need to do a load of laundry or something...can handle that.

Also, I have a decent selection of tools and some garage space if you needed to work on your bike. If you needed temporary storage, you could park the bike in the garage. We have a really good local BMW dealer who tends to have a good selection of older BMW parts in stock, since they've been around as the same store since the dawn of time. Maybe you need help getting there, or need help getting a part from Engle's to you. I can potentially help you out.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there that if I can help anyone out at rally time, I'd sure be happy to try.

Oh, and BTW, the weather isn't THAT horrible out here in July. It's a 50/50 that time of year. Could be hot and thunderstorms worst case. Best case, low 80's and partly sunny. Probably like a lot of the USA in summer.

Last edited:
Matt, not likely I will take you up on the offer given I have accommodations and I am traveling from the East, but you have gone far and above offering your home in this way. Huge :thumb to you and yours!

No problem. Don't hesitate to email me if you think I can help out.

mbrickell AT kc DOT rr DOT com

I can provide cell # via email if anyone needs it.

Cheers.

More help

Matt,

I'm also in Lee's Summit, right off the US 50 Todd George exit. Should you get overloaded I also have some space open, but only until Tuesday (we'll be leaving then for Sedalia).

Don Hamblin
BMWMOA 09934
Hospitality Chair,
40th Annual BMW MOA "Howlin' at the Moon" International Rally
President, Kansas City BMW Motorcycle Club
Former President, BMW MOA
www.bmwmoa.org
(816) 600-2475
Cell: (256) 479-5606
BMWScooter@att.net

Heck, Don, you must be right near me. I'm a block off Todd George west of the Todd George / Langsford intersection, about halfway between Langsford and Scruggs.

Matt,

Pretty close. I'm a block south of US 50 on SE 11th Street. Stop by some time.

Don
Don Hamblin
BMWMOA 09934
Hospitality Chair,
40th Annual BMW MOA "Howlin' at the Moon" International Rally
President, Kansas City BMW Motorcycle Club
Former President, BMW MOA
www.bmwmoa.org
(816) 600-2475
Cell: (256) 479-5606
BMWScooter@att.net

Back