• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2002 k1200lt anti lock brake alarm

After inital start and blinking light go off I drive a short distance less than a mile and both light start blinking. If I shut bike off and re start I am good for the day no mater how many times I start and stop. Any Ideas

The RS and LT are pretty similar, so I will take a guess that it might be the gap between the ring and pickup is not adjusted properly or you may have a low fluid level in one or your master cylinders?

bmwlt.com

I might suggest that you post this there.

Once there I am sure you can get some good responses.

Also if you need some help I am in Orlando and can lend some wrenching help.

Paul

The RS and LT are pretty similar, so I will take a guess that it might be the gap between the ring and pickup is not adjusted properly or you may have a low fluid level in one or your master cylinders?

Agreed that this is a reasonable assumption. NTL, get it sorted out as your brakes aren't working as they should. And brake failure could take the shine off your day.

If you're getting a warning light from the brake system, it's saying you're brakes are not 100% reliable. Assuming otherwise could be painful and expensive. :)

thank you for responding I will take a look at this the breaks seem to be working fine

You may not have ABS. Several years ago I had the red dash lights flash 3 or 4 times during the trip. When the lights were flashing I did not have ABS, if the lights were not flashing I did have ABS. You can check this on wet grass or slick concrete like a gas station has.
At the end of my trip I had a load test done on my 2 year old Westco battery, and it showed weak. A new battery fixed my problem.
My bike was a 2003 K1200RS.

you got it a 2002

Your 2002 brake fluid reservoirs have sensors that show a ABS fault if you have low brake fluid. You need to remove the rear seat, right rear foot peg & the cover behind the foot peg to get to the two reservoirs. There are 4 torx screws on the cover. One of them is behind the upper engine cover. Two of them need to have the side case open to remove. The other is under the front seat.

Make sure you clean the top of the reservoirs before you unscrew the two caps.

Back