• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best rider/passenger communication system

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
I'm looking for a reliable and relatively inexpensive method for communicating with my passenger while underway.

Wireless is preferred for the sake of simplicity. I don't need to talk to other riders on other bikes, or listen to my iPod, or talk on my cell phone, or hear GPS prompts through the device - I only need the ability to converse with my passenger, who is my 7 year-old son. I've found I'd like to have the ability to check in with him from time to time regarding his comfort, and his need for food, water, restroom, and rest breaks.

My helmet is a Schuberth C3, and his is a HJC CL-Y. Bike is a 2012 R1200GSA.

+1 on Sena. Works fine for intercom only with room to grow if you ever want to. Your 7-yr-old might like to listen to music even if you don't.

Ditto on the Sena Bluetooth. Bought a dual pack last year for me and my wife. We use it in place of my Autocom wired system. Overall, I'd say that while the sound quality is not quite what the Autocom gives, the convenience more than makes up for it. I'd check the thread on AdventureRider.com (mentioned above) to see how easy it is to install the Sena on your particular helmets.

Ditto on the Sena Bluetooth. Bought a dual pack last year for me and my wife. We use it in place of my Autocom wired system. Overall, I'd say that while the sound quality is not quite what the Autocom gives, the convenience more than makes up for it. I'd check the thread on AdventureRider.com (mentioned above) to see how easy it is to install the Sena on your particular helmets.

:thumb +1

Edit: Forgot to mention that Sena will soon bring out a "hub" that will permit bluetooth streaming of music or GPS to both rider and passenger and will also enable use of 2-way radios.

Last edited:
Back