• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

READ THIS before posting: Please include MODEL and YEAR in your thread title! <<<<<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

deilenberger

A bozo on the bus
READ THIS before posting: Please include MODEL and YEAR in your thread title! <<<<<<<

Consider this a moderator nag.

If you're posting about a model specific problem, a model specific comment, or with a model specific question, putting the model and year in your thread title will lure people who might have an answer into opening the thread. It's also very useful for people who may be searching for the same info in the future. Helps you - helps the forum. WIN/WIN as is said in the corporate world.

I've noted a number of threads that don't include this vital and simple to add information. I'd also ask in the thread itself - that you include the year*/model - so people know what bike is being talked about. Many people find it helpful to simply add this info to their "SIG" so it's automatically added to every message.

Thanks for your cooperation!

* The reason to add the year - BMW has a habit of reusing model numbers for not too similar bikes, plus there are year to year changes in models that do retain their model number. This will help keep the confusion down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back