• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"REI" Thumbs UP:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
Bought one of their REI self inflating mattresses about 9 months ago! Its flat, or won't hold me anymore and water/soap test reveals about 100+ holes, as if the fabric itself is failing:(. Its been VERY comfy to sleep on. REI stood up and as a REI member(ME), they are giving me another or money back, my choice:). I have no receipt, but membership "rules" and its FREE to join as I did years ago:). I will go get another (same)mattress, soon. I've not had better rest on any mattress:). Randy:thumb

+1

Joined in the 70's and have enjoyed their customer service, quality, and yearly dividends. Watch for their sales.

+1. I've also had great experiences with returning stuff, even old stuff that failed after many years. They can be a bit expensive, but I like what they sell.

+1 on REI. Buying from them is like buying with an insurance policy. Great service and knowledgeable people. One of the best. Almost all my camping gear is REI brand or purchased at REI (both on line or in one of their stores).

:dance

LL Bean will take stuff back too, even years later. A friend and I brought a leaky five-year old tent back, soaking wet and dirty, and the associate didn't even blink. Out the door with a new one in 10 minutes.

But I like REI's year-end dividend. Never had cause to return anything from there.

It's great to find a company that stands behind it's products - no quibbles, no hassles. Wouldn't it be great if car and motorcycle manufacturers worked that way?

pete

Yep:)

I still use a REI Tent for 20+ years now. I'm a tent junkie and have several, but the REI one is as near perfect as I ever had. I should give it back to them, say I can't wear it out, let me try another:). The fly is faded very badly, but still perfect dry tent. I did not realize they had expanded so far East. Expensive, yes, but dfividends are neat idea and no quables on returns....Randy:thumb

Yep, REI is great. I buy stuff there even when it might be a little more expensive, because if it breaks, they're no hassle to deal with, not to mention, the people there generally know what they're talking about because they do whatever activity you're into and have experience with the gear. They're a great resource for motorcycle camping - just look for backpacking weight stuff.

Yep, their used gear sales are awesome.

:dance

We are fortunate to have a couple of REI stores in the Raleigh area. However, my trips lately have taken me to Seattle. I toured the mothership. All I can say is "WOW". Escaped spending less than $200. Love that store.

Back