• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gone wrong already, and haven't left the house!

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
The GF and I have been planning this trip for 10 months. Made reservations to stay in an Arkansas State Park Lodge for tomorrow night. Made the reservations before the first of the year. Checked them in January, and they had no record of our reservation! Made them again for June 1st. Received several emails confirming the reservation.

Got a call today, (we leave at 0700 tomorrow!) and they wanted approval to go ahead and charge for the second night! What?? They claim to have a two night minimum on week ends! We were never told of such minimums. Searched the website and found no notice of such things! Searched all our emails and no mention of a two night stay.

After a heated argument with the desk clerk on the phone, who said they 'never book just one night' I cancelled our stay. :banghead:fight She said that the park may 'have to charge our card' because we didnt give them 48 hours notice.

Good luck with that! The card I used to 'hold' the room is invalid. I do that and then pay upon arrival with a valid card, just in case this kinda stuff happens.

Hope this isn't an indication of how the trip will go!

I hope the rest of your trip goes better. I too start tomorrow on my trip.

Using an invalid card - I'm not a lawyer, but is this not like sending a cheque that you know will bounce?

...The card I used to 'hold' the room is invalid. I do that and then pay upon arrival with a valid card, just in case this kinda stuff happens...

I think what happened is you made a reservation, they ran the card either to see if it was valid or to put a hold on those funds (without actually charging to the account). When they discovered the card wasn't valid, they cancelled. From their point of view, why should they honor a reservation when the customer proffers an invalid card?

It would have been good business practice for them to call you...but perhaps they too felt a bit put upon.

I agree with DBrick. This is most likely what happened.

From past professional experience and for future reference, the credit card giants, MC, Visa, and AMEX, will back you if you file a complaint on a room charge when you did not stay. Furthermore, if the hotel in question does not have a signature on file, they will lose the charge back from the bank. Using an invalid card is not the best way to do business. There is very little risk (aside from everyday encounters) to your credit card information when making hotel reservations.

Mike,
I realize you are probably on the road already, but my advice would be "suck it up, and continue forward"! Shoot, turn it into an adventure looking for another place, as there are many places to stay and quite a few probably better than where you were planning. If you are going to be near Eureka Springs, I've got some good friends who run a beautiful & quaint B & B that are all seperate rooms.....

Give a call if needed, you got the #

Ken

Back