• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"In Reach" satellite communicator

W7lej1

Kindly curmudgeon
Anyone have or used one of these? Comments? Local REI has it on sale (for 2 more days.)

I'm mainly interested for the ability to leave a "trail of crumbs" for family to keep an eye on me as I mostly ride solo.

Thanks for any thoughts or comments.

There are only a couple of reviews on Amazon but they're pretty positive. Both reviews say it's better than the Spot but I would think the issue is whether it's worth the extra cost. For me it would be if I was going to really remote areas but I'm happy with my Spot since I'm on the road and not all that far from help.

Spot works well enough for me for multi day road trips. Family and friends get the bread crumb link.

If this thing was a single integrated device rather than needing two devices for full functionality, I'd consider it.

Back